New tab/section on Maintenance Order for document reference information

• 17 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

It would be nice to have the ability to choose to define a maintenance document reference, revision number and revision date on the maintenance order that would then be spread to the work tasks. This would allow the engineering or planning groups to define what the current revision of their reference document is when creating and starting the maintenance work. Keeping that information on each work task will then allow the technicians that perform the work to know at a glance which specific documents and revisions they should be following to complete the work. Technicians would also need the ability to modify these reference fields in case of a mismatch or error.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

This can be solved using Object Connection Transformation. You can find more information about it in our documentation and probably in a number of posts on this site.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Liam,

just out of curiosity, why would you like the same document attached to all work tasks?  Wouldn’t it suffice to attach it to the maintenance event/work order?

Also, if you have multiple maintenance events assigned to the same MO, would this still be applicable?  E.g. with an on-wing inspection of an engine and an SB-embodiement on the AC?

To Mathias, since work tasks are not directly connected to the MO, but rather thru the maintenance event, would this require a two step transformation?  I looked at the documentation that you provided on a different topic, but have to admit that I did not see a direct match to this requirement.

Thanks,  Geir Sigve

Badge +2

Sorry, I guess I should have been more clear in my initial ask. It’s not about attaching the document itself, the important information is the revision number and date. In the client’s solution, we’re creating a customization to define the document reference on each individual task card that will be transferred to the work tasks. From this document reference, a URL will be created so that the techs can access the OEM documentation outside of the software (as they currently do on the web). The ask here would just be to provide the revision number and date to ensure the technicians are working from the correct version, which is why it would need to be populated down to the work tasks. It’s mainly for informational purposes, but will also tie into the reports that are sent to their clients to capture the completed work during the visit.

As for the multiple maintenance events, the answer is yes. The client is an airframe MRO, so we’re talking about most heavy maintenance visits being heavy checks with hundreds or thousands of tasks/maintenance events. These would mainly be MPD tasks with AD/SB tasks sprinkled in and any non-routines that come up during the visit.

Our current plan is to tackle this using configurations, as some of the ask is going to be specific to this client, but figured most MROs would likely benefit from some part of the feature making it into the core solution.

Thanks,

Liam

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Thank you for the reply, Liam.

In my experience, having this information on the task card and copying it to the work task (I assume you are already using the Reference field on the task card for parts of this information) would be the correct solution.  I have already implemented the same requirement for another aviation customer (adding Rev No to the task card).

So I agree, this should be on the product plan.

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

Hello @Liam Curley. We could raise this as an idea indeed. You can ask a moderator to flip it into an idea