Solved

Mark PM line as not generatable

• 5 June 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

I have a cancelled PM line that is still showing in my maintenance plan. When I try to delete it, the error messages states it should be marked as not generatable. However, I cannot do that, as the line is cancelled. Is there any way to remove/clear this?

icon

Best answer by Thilini Kumarasinghe 5 June 2023, 14:57

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi,

I’m afraid it is not possible to delete the line, but as the message says, you can make it Non-generatable. This way, the line will remain, but it will not allow to create work orders from that maintenance plan line.

You can do it by selecting Generatable = No (You will have to enter your signature and remark as well).

Best Regards,

Thilini

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@Thilini Kumarasinghe I do see that, but I am not able to change that line to No. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @cjohnson is it that the dropdown values Yes/No are not available ? Or do you get any error message when saving the change ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@Thilini Kumarasinghe There is no error, I see the Yes/No dropdown, however I cannot select No. It does not change, and there is no Save option.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @cjohnson , that actually happens when you have a work order generated for the maintenance plan line. That is not the case isn’t it ? You do not have any work order connected in the maintenance plan line that you are going to make Generatable = No, isn't it ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@Thilini Kumarasinghe Yes, there is a Work Ordered generated, but it was Cancelled. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@cjohnson Do you still see the cancelled work order number in the maintenance plan line WO NO column ? Or is it blank ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @cjohnson ,

I think you should have cancelled the work from PM Action> Cancel Related Work. Please refer the above post for more information. Then the maintenance plan line will be disconnected from the generated work order and you can use the same line to generate again or to set it as not generatable.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nethmini