Solved

Make Maintenance Aware - Error

• 10 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi All,

Anybody know what is causing this error when I try to make a Serial Object from a Part Serial using ‘Make Maintenance Aware’?

“Field [EQUIPMENT_OBJECT_SEQ] is mandatory for Equipment Object Party and requires a value.”

Best Regards

Roel

icon

Best answer by EqeRobertK 10 January 2023, 16:41

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Timmermans Roel ,

I am not sure, but can it be the ‘issue’ is done from the customer order delivery?

In that case the Party tab of the created Serial Object will also be filled with the customer of the customer order. Maybe there is a bug in IFS Cloud to do so. Can you let me know how the part is issued? The error refers to the party tab of the serial object, so it should be something like that.

It can also be that the part is purchased and that the party tab will be filled with that supplier. From this printscreen it is hard to say.

BR,

Robert

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @EqeRobertK ,

The part has ‘Current Position’ = ‘issued’ and was delivered on a customer order.

The Serial Object is not yet existing - so not sure why the error is linked to the party tab. It is not a purchased part. 

Does the delivery from the Customer Order prevent it to turn into a Serial Object afterwards?

I was under the impression that you had the option to use ‘Create SM Object’ on the Co Line but that this was not mandatory and it would be possible to create the Serial Object after Delivery.

best Regards

Roel

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Timmermans Roel ,

I think this is a bug in IFS cloud. I tried to create a serial object the same as you describe in IFS10 and there I do not get an error. Can you create a case for IFS on this?

See here the Serial Object in IFS 10 with the customer of teh customer order:

Robert

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @EqeRobertK ,

Thanks for the feedback, I will have our customer create a Case.

Best Regards

Roel

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

This seems to be an obvious defect. This has now been fixed in latest IFS cloud track, 23R1 if you can test.