Question

Is it possible to migrate work task data?

• 21 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 24 replies

Hello!

Currently we are playing around in IFS Service and Maintenance module. Due to some project difficulties and lack of resources the option has mentioned to start working in the Test-environment.

This will work, however all of the data created by working with the module may be potentially lost. This is because I do not know the process of migrating “historical” data (from Work Tasks/ Fault Reports).

Is this possible? Can I copy/ migrate information from Test to Live? And how should I execute this?

Thanks in advance!

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I would certainly not recommend that path. Everyting in IFS is related (Work Tasks with materials, inventory, hours, costing, postings etc.). So, in my opionion it would be almost impossible to migrate. If you are able to get it to work in TST, why wouldn't that be possible in PROD?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@Drausenhaus, it would be possible to go live in PROD. Unfortunately I am not authorized/ able to set up Aurena in PROD. This is a responsibility for another department, which lacks the resources.

Additionally my manager aims to go active with a form of IFS Asset Management (be it TEST). Hence my question.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@Drausenhaus, another question. Do you possibly know a way of quickly copying machine history (such as faults/ failures) into IFS? I know of Retrospective Work Reporting, but this seems time consuming.

The idea is to have a complete history of our previous maintenance system in IFS, so for future analysis we could e.g. check if failures are more frequent.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

In general when there is a function in IFS (like Retrospective Work Reporting) which needs bulk updates, a migration job should be possible to create. Most of the work in these situations goes into mapping the legacy data to IFS data structure.