Question

Fleet data maintenance

• 19 February 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello,

We are currently using UPD10 and we have entered our entire fleet data in the system however we still need to use our old system for other data such as driver names, insurance, license #s and schedules.  Is there another area in IFS or any plans for future IFS releases that can house this data so that we can eliminate double work (in separate systems) to maintain all fleet data?

Best regards,

Lily

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Lily,

Are you using the Fleet & Asset Management functionality to maintain your fleet data? Or are you using Equipment Objects, or perhaps something else?

Best regards

Jan

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi Jan, 

We are only using the Objects screen to capture all the asset data. Sounds like I need more info on the Fleet & Asset Management functionality.  Can you please tell me how you use it within your operations?

Thanks,

Lily

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Lily,

The reason I’m asking is that you mention fleet data maintenance, and if that maps to what we have in the Fleet and Asset Management functionality. In Fleet and Asset Management we have some functionality around operational plans and operational events that allows for planning for vehicle utilization, but it’s not sophisticated in any way. For operational events, the driver names can be specified, but there is no support for insurance, licenses, etc.

As the name indicates, the Fleet and Asset Management functionality is for handling a fleet of vehicles. Key functionalities are …

• Configuration management.
  • Serial management and tracking.
  • Maintenance programs and plans.
  • Feedback from operations, like how many km’s the vehicle has been utilized and faults that have occurred.
  • Feedback from operations feeds into calculations to present due date for maintenance, e.g. prediction of when a vehicle needs to be serviced based on defined intervals.
  • Planning and execution of maintenance, using maintenance orders, maintenance events, work orders and work tasks.

Pinging @Thommy and @Mayura Wasantha to answer for any plans to support this for equipment objects.

Regards

Jan

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

I’m not aware of any plans for equipment objects regarding this functionality.

But one idea that I came to think of. What about using Characteristics/Technical Class for storing this information?

If you are not currently using this for storing other objct characteristics then this might be something to look into.

/Thommy

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Lily,

Are you entering the mentioned information against operations, i.e. Vehicle A was used on route 1 on Jan 10 with driver X etc, or are the data more separated, i.e. you define your objects, and in addition to that, you define your drivers with information, but not connected to the objects.

There are different options in the application based on exactly what you need.

Regards,

Geir Sigve

Badge +1

Fleet maintenance refers to the process of repair and upkeep of vehicles owned by a business or an organization. The goal is to enhance the effectiveness and safety of using these vehicles while handling company errands.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @lbayhonan ,

We are using IFS Apps 10 and we have a trucking fleet under our umbrella.   We keep all drivers, insurance, license, etc. in the HR module for employees.   We also use the HR time and attendance to track schedules, absences, normal hours and OT.    We use incident reporting to track any incidents as well.  Incidents are linked to the employees and we link truck objects to employees as well since trucks are assigned to employees and don't change unless replaced or in for repair.

Regards,

William Klotz