Question

Estimated Cost for Manufactured Part

• 15 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi, I hope this will be an easy one for people. I’m using Apps 9.

For Purchased Parts, I can understand how to update the Inventory Part Estimated Material Cost using the Update Estimated material Cost using either Latest or Average Purchase Cost, which are themselves recalculated on a regular basis. 

But it doesn't seem to be so straightforward to update the estimated material cost for a manufactured part. I can calculate Cost Set 2 (estimated material cost) for all manufactured parts but how can I then update the Estimated Material Cost on the Inventory Part with this figure. Or use the lot/batch cost history to calculate the latest/average material cost in a similar way to purchased parts.

Or doesn't it matter that the Estimated Material Cost is not kept updated.

Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

When you copy to cost set 1 you have the option to copy the estimated material cost (EMC) from the source cost set…

Of course, this assumes that the source cost set Material cost is correct!

Using the Wizard you only have the three choices of Average/Latest Purchase Price or  %age uplift So That leaves you with either manual input or use a SQL script.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi, thank you for this. Problem solved!

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi, apologies for the late reply to this. I have discovered that when I select the option to also update the inventory part estimated material cost, it actually takes the value from the Part Cost / Part Cost Details tab, field “Cost Set Est Mtrl Cost” (see screenshot attached) and copies that value to the inventory part. But the value in this field is manually entered, and its default is 0. What I expected to happen is that it would take the Total Cost that IFS calculates for the part cost set and copy that to the inventory part. Do you know if there’s a way to update the “Cost Set Est Mtrl Cost” with the cost set total?