Solved

Errored work order/PM Action

• 15 March 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

The maintenance team accidentally created a work order tied to a PM Action and instead of cancelling, completed the work.  I am trying to cancel this work order but I cannot get past getting the Work Task from status Work Done to Work Started.

Any ideas here?  We do not want this work order messing with our maintenance plan.

icon

Best answer by Nethmini Kosvinna 17 March 2023, 03:23

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi Tracy,

I tried to recreate the same in 22R2 but it is possible to change the work task status back to work started. Could you please mention the IFSCLOUD version you are using and exact actions you did on PM Action before trying to change the work task status ?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nethmini

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Tracy

Since Nethmini tested in 22R2, I just tested in 21R2 and It's possible to change the status without any error. 

Additionally, I put screenshots; by trying to cancel the PM action with WO status workdone but it's not possible. 

We are highly appreciate it if you could elaborate more what are the steps you've follow to get this error message. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @TTRACY ,

Could you please try the below steps. It worked for me in IFS APP 10

1. First you change the work order status to ‘Started’
  2. Delete the Work Task
  3. Go to PM Maintenance Plan Window, Select the line and cancel work order.

FYI, I haven't reported any time or issued material against the work task.

Regards,Mithun K V 

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I am stuck in a nasty loop.  When I try to Cancel Related Work, I get an error that the Work Task is already in Work Done status.  But, it will not let me change the status of the work task.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @TTRACY 

It is preferable to bring up this problem with IFS support. IFS consultants will follow your instructions on how to cancel the work order. As far as I can see, performing a data repair might be able to resolve this problem since WO does not have any tasks, materials, or resources attached to it; nonetheless, this must be the absolute last option I would recommend.

Cheers,
Kushan

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi Tracy,
I assume that your PM action might be having the setting  ‘Performed Value based’ or ‘Performed Date based’.
The reason we cannot allow to reverse the Work task status to 'Work Started' when the corresponding PM is Performed Value based/ Performed Date based is that there can only be one open work order in such scenarios. That's why it is not allowed to reverse work task status to 'Work Started' and it is designed like that.

I would like to suggest following for you.
1. As the work order is already generated for the planned week, you can use the same work order. You may create a new work task on the same work order and use it to perform the work.

2.Performing a data repair to remove the work order from the plan line.

Thanks,
​​​​​​​Nethmini

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@TTRACY ,

Are you facing any issue when you try to delete the work task using the below step???

1. First you change the work order status to ‘Started’
  2. Delete the Work Task
  3. Go to PM Maintenance Plan Window, Select the line and cancel work order.

Thanks,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I have put in a support ticket for this.

Work Order is in Work Started status and it will not let me delete or change the status of the work task apparently due to it being connected PM.