Question

Easy report time for someone else on a Work Task

• 6 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi all,

Is there someone who can advise me on a better way to report time on a Work Task, so it is easier than my way?

One of my customers is working have Work Tasks without assignments. They just have Work Tasks and they execute them in a certain order. They can be executed by people of the same site, but different maintenance organizations and different resource groups. The hours are reported by one person for all employees.

When this person wants to create a time report line, then automatically his data is filled, so the connected employee, maintenance organization and resource group. Now we have to clear all this data before he can fill the applicable employee.

So what I want is that we create a new line and that the information of the logged in user does not fill automatically.

So far we do this in the Work Task in the tab Time Report and also with ethe RMB Report Time on the Work Task.

Any suggestions are welcome 😊

Thanks,

Robert

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi EqeRobertK,

This is a good question. Actually in all of the instances logged in users information is filled in, to ease reporting.

But you have raised another request where you need to report time on behalf of another.

Hope this could be considered as a request for future if this is a common concern by others as well.

Thanks & Best Regards

Eresha

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Sorry if I'm ignorant here, I don't work much with work tasks and have never done time reporting there, but why do you need to clear the information before entering the correct one in those fields? If you move into one of the fields, does it not select the text in it such that you can just type to overwrite it?

Regardless, it does not sound very hard to add a setting to turn off the automatic filling in and it might be a good thing to add if many customers need it. How should it be controlled though? By ... person who fill it in, site, company, maint org or something else? If you decide to create an idea for this, all details are useful to us.

A very different approach is to install the excellent tool AutoHotkey with which you can easily automate the creation of the new line and the clearing of all the fields, and connect that to a single keystroke (of your choosing). I should not take more than a few minutes to write such a macro/script/hack/thing.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

​

@Mathias Dahl  ,

The main issue here is that the LOV’s are related to the filled fields.

They just want to enter the employee id and then the maintenance organisation and resource group needs to be filled based on those. But when the maintenance organisation and resource group are filled, it is not possible to find that employee (the person will always be assigned to a different maintenance organization and resource group than the person who he is reporting the time for).

I do not know AutoHotkey, I will check the possibility of that tool.

Thanks for all the good feedback and ideas,

Robert

​