Question

Custom menu -Mark as incorrect on Measurements for object

• 18 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

I am trying to configure a custom menu invoking the IFS standard function “Mark as Incorrect” on Measurements for object window. The objective is to set multiple measurements as incorrect at once instead of doing it one by one.

But the REG_DATE on this windows behaves differently that when we pass the date parameter to the method, the below error occurs.I have included the plsql block for reference. If anyone can help, it will be of great help. 

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Rajesh, I do not see the PL/SQL block but my first guess is that your issue is related to the date format. Oracle seems to try to convert a ‘NOV’ to an ‘11’ or something. My next step would be to understand the date formatting and if needed, convert explicitly to VARCHAR2 and then to date.

Regards, Roel

Badge +3

Hi Roel,

Thanks for the response. Here is PLSQL block.  I have tried formatting the date in different ways with no success. I could make it make it working in PLSQL developer. but it does not work on the client in custom menu.

IFSAPP.
Equipment_Object_Meas_API.Mark_Rec_Reading_Incorrect('&VALUES_SEQ','&CONTRACT','&MCH_CODE','&TEST_POINT_ID','&PARAMETER_CODE', 'Wrong running hour entry','&REG_DATE','&TEST_PNT_SEQ');

commit; 
EXCEPTION 
WHEN Error_SYS.Err_Security_Checkpoint THEN 
raise; 
WHEN OTHERS THEN 
rollback; 
raise; 
END;

Regards,

Rajesh A

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Rajesh, my date formats are a bit different than yours, but I suspect that putting in this:

to_date('&REG_DATE','DD/MM/YYYY HH:MI:SS AM','NLS_CALENDAR=GREGORIAN')

instead of passing on the date value into the method directly should resolve your error. try to get it to work in PL SQL putting in String instead of Date as a test value for a valid test in PL SQL.

Good luck,

Roel