Question

Cost in Transfer Work Orders to Customer Orders - App8

• 2 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi,

When a CO line is created by transferring WO to a CO in App 8, a customer is stating that the CO doesn’t have real transaction cost which is shown on work order (or on inventory transaction), but application is calculating cost using average value of inventory stock.

In Transfer of WO lines to Customer Order window :
Cost Amount : 12.26, 1885.38

In Customer Order window: 
Cost: 0, 3428.77

The Customer wants to have the  cost of goods issued on the CO line.

Does anybody know functional reason, why the cost of goods issued is not shown in the CO and instead the current inventory cost is shown in the CO?

I went to the relevant Work Order> Materials tab and noticed that, 1 qty each have been issued and Issued Cost Amount is the same as the Cost Amount in the Transfer WO lines to Customer Order window.
Issued Cost 12.26, 1885.38

~~~~~
When I went through the Cost column in the CO, the help says, " This is the unit cost for the part."
So when I went to the inventory part> Cost tab > Inventory values

And noticed that if that if we have only one lot batch that Cost in CO is the same as the cost shown in the Inventory part. And I learnt that, if we have multiple lot batches a weighted average cost depending on the cost vales of the lot/batch numbers and their quantities will appear in the CO' cost.
And when we reserve lot/batches for the order line again the Cost in CO changes depending on the weighted average.
~~~
Please help to understand the behavior of Cost (Cost in CO and Issued Cost in WO)  when Report In Work order lines are transferred to Customer Order through Transfer of Work Order lines to Customer Order. 

Thank you 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@hastse ...would you please look at this?  I’m having trouble following what they’re saying or I’d give it a shot.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi, I don’t recall all the details of Apps8 in my head so I don’t have the exact names of the fields in application, but in general it is like following:

The flow begins when planning the material on the Work Order, here we get the planned cost retrieved from Inventory using the current inventory cost. This is our best estimate of coming cost.

Then by issuing parts on the Work Order we will get the real cost from the Inventory transaction for the Issue of the part.

Then we transfer lines from Work Order to Customer Order for invoicing we transfer the cost we have on the Work Order to the Customer Order.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Thanks Hans!