Solved

Changing Work Order Status from Released to Prepared when two or more work tasks connected & are in released state

• 30 January 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Hi there,

I need help in below scenario, looks like it is a standard IFS bug.

Work Order Status- Released

There are two or more work tasks connected- status released

Now when we try to change status of work order from released to prepare then system gives pop up error message “The work order cannot be set to a lower status due to work tasks status”- This is IFS standard functionality.

However, when we try to change status of work tasks then also it gives same error message:- “The work order cannot be set to a lower status due to work tasks status”

System should allow changing status of work task. 

icon

Best answer by Thilini Kumarasinghe 30 January 2024, 06:04

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi,

May I know whether this issue is observed in App 10 version or in IFS Cloud version ?

If it is App 10 version, we have solution ID 305005 and the fix is available in App 10 Update 19.

If in App 10 version, is this the test flow you are using ? Does it work fine for just 1 task ? If yes, the above solution will fix the issue.

Test Flow:
1. Create a work order.
2. Add 2 or more tasks.
3. Release the work order.
4. Release the tasks.
5. Now select 1 or multiple tasks. Status > Prepared.
6. Error - The Work Order cannot be set to a lower status, due to the status of the Work Tasks.
7. If the work order has only 1 task, then no error raised.

Best Regards,

Thilini

Badge +1

Thanks Thilini for getting back to me. 

It’s IFS Cloud 22R1, steps you have mentioned are correct. If more work tasks are connected in released state with no commitments for labour or material, then also system gives error message after attempt to change work tasks status to prepared. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You are most welcome and thank you for the confirmation on the reported IFS version.

This is solved in 22R1 latest version and a fix was provided in 22R1 SU11. Is the customer using a SU that is earlier than SU11 ?

Badge +1

Customer is using SU5, do we have link for service update 11 where in it mentions this issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, SU5 means customer doesn’t have the fix and that’s why they get the error. So once they take SU 11, the issue will be solved.

About SU11, is it that you need access to SU11 environment for testing or ?

Badge +1

Hi Thilini, is there any documentation on SU11 which states this issue is fixed in SU11. I have tried to search various articles couldn’t find it. Also, is this issue reportedly previously? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

May I know whether you have access to this community post ?

If yes, please check the excel - IFS Cloud 22R1 Service Updates - Fixed Issues.

There you can filter with IFS Fixed versions - 22.1.11 and the Issue key related to the reported issue is AMZWOP-8161.

And yes, this issue was reported previously and was fixed in below IFS Cloud versions.

22.1.11 - 22R1 SU11

22.2.4 - 22R2 SU4