Question

Automatic created Serial Part into Serial Object

• 6 December 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hello

ocne a serial part is created, how to automatically generated the rlated Serial OBejct.

How to do Make Maintenance Aware automatic?

Thank you

yoni

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @YONI_LH 

As far as I know (IFS Cloud 22R1), the “Make Maintenance Aware” functionality is a manual one if you are looking from the “Serial Maintenance Aware” page.

It would be a CRIM if you would like to automate that serial parts (either all of them or only certain ones depending on criterias) are made maintenance aware, for instance when received in inventory from a Purchase Order, therefore creating the corresponding Serial Objects.

Though there are some automated processes to create Serial Objects :

• Via Project Delivery / Asset Design : When a Project Delivery structure (or an Asset Design structure) is created, An Object Structure can be transferred to IFS/Equipment.
  • Via delivery of a Customer Order : By defining that a (serialized) Sales Part, or a Customer Order Line, should create a SM (Service Management) Object, a Serial Object will automatically be created in IFS/Equipment when the Sales Part is delivered on a Customer Order. If you also define a Superior Object on the Customer Order Line, the Serial Object can be placed into an existing Object Structure

Hope this helps

BR

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @YONI_LH 

As far as I know (IFS Cloud 22R1), the “Make Maintenance Aware” functionality is a manual one if you are looking from the “Serial Maintenance Aware” page.

It would be a CRIM if you would like to automate that serial parts (either all of them or only certain ones depending on criterias) are made maintenance aware, for instance when received in inventory from a Purchase Order, therefore creating the corresponding Serial Objects.

Though there are some automated processes to create Serial Objects :

• Via Project Delivery / Asset Design : When a Project Delivery structure (or an Asset Design structure) is created, An Object Structure can be transferred to IFS/Equipment.
  • Via delivery of a Customer Order : By defining that a (serialized) Sales Part, or a Customer Order Line, should create a SM (Service Management) Object, a Serial Object will automatically be created in IFS/Equipment when the Sales Part is delivered on a Customer Order. If you also define a Superior Object on the Customer Order Line, the Serial Object can be placed into an existing Object Structure

Hope this helps

BR

HI @YONI_LH ,

You wrote “

• Via delivery of a Customer Order : By defining that a (serialized) Sales Part, or a Customer Order Line, should create a SM (Service Management) Object, a Serial Object will automatically be created in IFS/Equipment when the Sales Part is delivered on a Customer Order. If you also define a Superior Object on the Customer Order Line, the Serial Object can be placed into an existing Object Structure”

I have all this setup done. on CO lien I’ve selected “create SM object” and sonnected the superios SM object information.

When delivering the CO sales line, the system generates only a Part Serial, serial object is not created. Are these some special setup that is needed for this to work? I’m working with 22R2

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @AveTonitM 

This functionality does not generate the Serial Part. The Serial Part must exist in the system before you sell it to a Customer through a Customer Order.

Then when Customer Order is delivered, the Serial Object is created in connection with this existing Serial Part.

To my knowledge, there is no other setting to add for this to work (apart from the Service and Maintenance module to be installed).

Is your Customer Order created on the same Site than where you are searching for the Serial Object ?

BR

Lénaïc

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Serial Parts I have already. When units are manufactured they are placed in inventory which creates athe serial to the system (Part Serial page). However when I deliver the serial toi the customer serial objects are not created.

I have inventory parts as serial tracked, Sales Part ‘’Create SM object” is also set.

After the delivery the part serial status is changed to “issued”, but it should be ‘in facility’ because the CO line should create the serial object and place it to a serial structure.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @AveTonitM 

As per your description, the system should be creating a Serial Object when CO is delivered.

If it doesn’t, then I suggest you open a Case to IFS Support to find out what could be the problem.

Kind regards,

Lénaïc

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi,

When you deliver the customer order, user has the option to create a serial object or not. There is a toggle in the customer order line named “Create SM Object”. This can be setup to be added by default from the sales part page as well. When it is enabled once the customer order is delivered, customer owned serial object is created for the serial part. 

Additionally the user can decide the parent object of the created serial object from the customer order line itself by adding a value in “Superior SM Object” .

Regards,
Asitha 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Just a follow up question @YONI_LH 

Customer you have entered in the customer order, is that an Internal customer or an external customer?

Create SM Object functionality doesn't consider the scenario where you have an internal customer as the customer in the customer order.