Question

All historical work order for object structure?

• 10 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello ! I am having an issue searching for historical work orders. We are on apps9 and use the equipment object navigator to work with our equipment structure. 

When clicking a specific node in the object hierarchy, there’s a tab called “All Active WO” which will show all work orders for the object currently selected including all of its children. 

It would seem there is no “All Historical WO” tab, so if we’re trying to find historical WO about a specific level, we need to go through each children item individually which can be confusing and time consuming for end-user, creating a different experience when looking for “active” vs “historical” work orders. 

Is there a screen in IFS to easily look for an object and get a list of all the historical work order from itself and its children like the “All active WO” tab does on the navigator?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I don't know the WO area that well, but if there is a screen that shows historical WOs in a list, it might be possible to do what you want to do using an advanced query that uses "recursive SQL", given an Object Id of some parent object to find all the WOs for each child object connected to that parent object. If you cannot write this yourself, I suggest you contact IFS support or a partner to see if they can help out. Developing such a query might not be something people are willing to spend time on here.

Surely a quick report should be able to do the same thing. It might work, or not, depending on what you want to "do" with the result.

Good luck!