• 4 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi All,

The underlying view(s) for adding notes to Fixed Assets Objects screen are:

FIN_NOTE_TEXT

FA_OBJECT_NOTE

How do I combine these into one job, so once the notes are added into FIN_NOTE_TEXT, the note_id that’s generated gets automatically inserted into FA_OBJECT_NOTE?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @signils,

These 2 views are associated with FIN_NOTE_TEXT_API and FA_OBJECT_NOTE_API respectively.

So in simpler terms, you can call for the FA_OBJECT_NOTE_API.New___ method within the Insert___ procedure of the FIN_NOTE_TEXT_API. This a bit tricky thing and needs to be handled very carefully. 

Or you can develop a custom procedures in both APIs to be called within once a new record is inserted in to FIN_NOTE_TEXT_API. This is not that tricky and safer if you know what you are doing.

Else you can use a trigger in FIN_NOTE_TEXT_Tab to call the FA_OBJECT_NOTE_API.New___ method or directly insert into FA_OBJECT_NOTE_Tab. This is not the best way and personally I advise you not to go this route.

I hope this helps. 

Best Regards,
Charana

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @signils,

These 2 views are associated with FIN_NOTE_TEXT_API and FA_OBJECT_NOTE_API respectively.

So in simpler terms, you can call for the FA_OBJECT_NOTE_API.New___ method within the Insert___ procedure of the FIN_NOTE_TEXT_API. This a bit tricky thing and needs to be handled very carefully. 

Or you can develop a custom procedures in both APIs to be called within once a new record is inserted in to FIN_NOTE_TEXT_API. This is not that tricky and safer if you know what you are doing.

Else you can use a trigger in FIN_NOTE_TEXT_Tab to call the FA_OBJECT_NOTE_API.New___ method or directly insert into FA_OBJECT_NOTE_Tab. This is not the best way and personally I advise you not to go this route.

I hope this helps. 

Best Regards,
Charana

Thanks for responding mate.

I checked within the Insert___ procedure of the FIN_NOTE_TEXT_API and there was no mention of  FA_OBJECT_NOTE_API.New___

We are not allowed to create or modify the API’s as client is strict about it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Then I believe, you can go for the 2nd option 

Can you look into this?