Question

Which permission allows access to 'Expense Report Form' Module?

• 21 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

(Version 15.1)

We have some administrative team members that need access to our field teams’ expense reports in the ‘Expense Report Form’ module, but the only way I’ve been able to get them access to this is by bypassing security, which is not preferable for obvious reasons. Wondering if there is a role I can apply or something to get them access (I’ve tried the Financial Manager role to no avail)

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

You will need to modify the security role to include the item you need.  Go to Security Setup, select the Security Role to update (or clone one to create a new role) and then search for the module (Expense Report form) and then choose if this role will have access to view it, or create new, or Delete or modify, as you need.  It will need to be done by someone that has a role that includes “Security Setup” so presumably one of your system administrators.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

You should be able to add permissions to the security role of the users you want to have the access.  If there are other users having the same security role and you do not want to grant them all permission, you can clone the security role and then modify the new role permissions.

In the Security Setup module, open the security role, filter by modules to make it quicker to see the modules and then select the permissions you wish to grant for that role:

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

If you are also wondering how to determine which products (Portals) allow which modules, please see the topic:

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

You will need to modify the security role to include the item you need.  Go to Security Setup, select the Security Role to update (or clone one to create a new role) and then search for the module (Expense Report form) and then choose if this role will have access to view it, or create new, or Delete or modify, as you need.  It will need to be done by someone that has a role that includes “Security Setup” so presumably one of your system administrators.

Hey Chris, sorry for the late reply, just getting back from a vacation. I may not have been completely clear with my issue - The personnel do have access to the module itself, however they don’t have access to open the actual expense reports. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi, you should look at Astea manual GN-15 - Expense Reports.pdf which gives a good overview of using Expense reports.  It includes a note:

NOTE: In order to view expense reports other than your own, you must be defined in the system as one of the following: Supervisor of the employee (defined in the Employee module), Node Manager of the employee or node manager of the parent node (defined in the Node module), Action Group Manager of the employee (defined in the Action Group module), or fmanager (Financial Manager)role (defined in the Employee module). If the fmanager (Financial Manager) role does not exist in your system, add fmanager as the Role ID to the Role (Human Resources) module and then add the role to the Position page of the relevant employee.

Hope this helps.