Organization Tree = too limited

• 4 November 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +1
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 7 replies

I feel that the Organization tree is too limited. When an organization has more than 100 (nodes?) the view isn't shown in the view. For us this goes for more than 50% of our customers who have than 100 sites. We feel this is to limited and in this way adds no value for the users.

How does work for your organization?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You may be able to modify the Retrieve Limit beyond the current max of 100, try going to the Retrieve Limit module and creating a new entry for the Customer Center/Customer company tree tab.  You can enter no limit to bypass it altogether or set it to a value of 500, then close/relaunch the module afterwards and try it again, see if that helps.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

This is a known limitation and it is likely to be addressed in V15SP5. We do not have an ETA as yet but as SP4 was just released last month, i would expect it to be in H1/2022. I would suggest logging call through the Portal and the local support team will then raise and log it with the R&D team.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hello Gijs,

I have received confirmation today from R&D there are no current plans to expand this in Alliance for standard.  If this is needed, it will have to be driven as a custom change request.  Please log a ticket if you wish to raise this as a custom request.

Phil

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Maybe its an option to make a view only on company level en no site level. To many sites result in a view which is not very handy (actually in v10) but our main objective is to see the company hierarchy as we use for multiple clients a Parten Company - Company - Sites hierarchy. This should result in a usefull graphic overview

An actual workaround is to do an export to Excel from the Organization page to see a flat list of the hierarchical structure within a company.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Maybe you can also do some type of custom report in SQL.  The query to get the children of a parent company is something like this:

select 
parent_company.descr,
child_company.descr,
company_tree.parent_level,
company_tree.parent_company_id,
company_tree.child_company_id,
relationship.descr from company_tree
inner join company parent_company on parent_company.parent_company_id = company_tree.parent_company_id
inner join company child_company on child_company.company_id = company_tree.child_company_id
inner join relationship on relationship.relationship_id = company_tree.relationship_id
where company_tree.parent_company_id = '{ParentCompany_ID}';

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Actually, they found a different solution for now which is to just export the QBE results though the SQL is also a valid solution.