Question

Multiple Prints Automated Printing 15.4

• 1 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Since updating to Alliance 15.4, we are receiving duplicated pick lists when using automated printing. The steps we take after opening a pick list are to turn the Pick Print List toggle on, confirm printer location, and choose Save. We are getting 3 pick lists printed each time we now do this (instead of 1 previously). Is there a setting or something we should check to resolve this?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Leann,

I am not aware of any setup configuration within Alliance defining how many copies of the document should be printed.  You might check your printer driver configuration to confirm that it does not have number of copies defined.

Otherwise, it sounds like an issue you should discuss with your Alliance support team.  For example, do you have multiple definitions for the pick list printer to the same printer in the warehouse printer options?  Maybe there are three printers for the same function listed but only one is default?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

We have discovered the issue… previously, we would turn the Print Pick List toggle on and choose Save to print one copy. The print date/time would update immediately confirming the print. 

Currently, when the Print Pick List toggle is turned on and choose Save, the document prints 1 copy. However, the print date/time does not update. If the Pick screen is refreshed, the print date/time appears at that time. When the Pick tab is closed, we receive the “do you want to save your changes?” popup (although previously saved). Choosing yes causes the document to print again. 

We have made our administrators aware of how it is functioning, but is a pain for them to use a workaround to prevent multiple prints. I believe the root issue lies with the Save button on the Pick module. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Leann,

Thank you for the update. This confirms my view Alliance does not have a configuration to control how many copies of the pick list to print.

As you are able to reproduce the issue clearly, this should be raised to your supporting Alliance support office for resolution.