Question

astea.gps.gpsdata error in event viewer

• 17 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

HI we have for one of our customer a lot of error in the application, event viewer like the one below

do you know what could be the cause ? 

Thanks for your feedback

RGds

Christophe

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

HI Christophe,

Have you tried restarting the Astea Geo Service service yet?  It looks like it is dropping the session but it is not clear if this is the Astea session the Geo Service establishes to the application or the IIS session itself.

I have asked R&D if they are aware of anything in the meantime.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi Phil i have restarted the geoservice but still the same error messages, what i can see in the iis log i have somme error 500 related to the following URL requestUri:"/AsteaMobileEdgeServices/JSONTimeRecording.svc/ProcessGpsUpdateBatch perhaps the error with the no session are related to this URL call

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

HI Christophe,

As the error message is referring to MobileEdgeServices, what you could try to do is stop IIS execute the UpdateAll.bat  in both of these folders:

\Alliance Mobile Edge\AsteaMobileEdgeServices

\Alliance Mobile Edge\AsteaMobileCustomizer

Start IIS

Also review the appsettings.json file in the first folder and make sure the location for Alliance is correct.

{
  "Logging": {
    "LogLevel": {
      "Default": "Information",
      "Microsoft": "Warning",
      "Microsoft.Hosting.Lifetime": "Information"
    }
  },
  "AllowedHosts": "*",
  "Cache": {
    "CacheType": "Redis",
    "CacheName": "AsteaMobile",
    "DefaultDatabase": 2,
    "Endpoints": [
      {
        "Server": "10.38.72.152",
        "Port": 6379
      }
    ]
  },
  "Alliance": {
    "Server": "http://PhilDomain.Com/AsteaAlliance150",
    "MobileSSODisabled": false
  },

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Christophe,
If you click on the Details tab in the Event Viewer, does that show a user id for the mobile technician that is triggering the error?  If so, can you connect directly to the database and run a script like the following?  (just replace the person_id value with your user id):

select termination_reason, * from c_session_log where person_id = 'rgilbert' order by login_time desc;

Take a look in the termination_reason field on the most recent record, that may give some insight into why the session was closed out (maybe bounced across to a different Alliance application server if there’s a load-balancer in the mix or something along those lines).
Thanks,
Reid