Alliance v15 views are browser culture dependent.

• 13 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

If you create views or favorites and then change the language culture of your Chrome or Edge browser (normally done to change the formatting on the screen like date or time) you will lose access to any previously saved views (organizational included) in the drop down selection as they are currently culture dependent.

For example, you create a view while using English United States (en-us) as the language of the browser but then switch to Dutch (nl-nl), the views & favorites will no longer be in the drop down selection appearing they are removed.

You can restore them by selecting the previous language.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Phil, I’ve checked the tables with Anthony and we changed the culture code from views made before I changed language in my browser to the code of the actual language and this works. So recoverring views after changing the language in the browser is possible.

We also saw the  view_category = organisation for the Organizational views I made as customizer. The But those views are not available for other users.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

With the release of v15.3 HF4, the language culture was no longer impacting the views and it is now possible to switch browsers retaining the views for your user account.