Question

Alliance 15.4 error on reports trough the web

• 28 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi for one of our customer we encounter an issue using the full web interface, when we try to run a report (standard or note) we have systematicaly an error 

werehas if we run the same report from the astea browser it’s working well .

Have you lareadt encounter this kind of error ? if yes do you have some advice where to have a look ?

RGds

Christophe

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi Christophe,

If you press F12 in the web browser, it should open the browser developer tools.  In the developer tools, if you click on the “Console” tab, you should see a better error of what the issue is.

Can you post back with the results?  It could be maybe that the URL is not defined correctly in the configuration editor.  Please also verify that the PrimaryWebServerURL is pointing to a fully qualified domain and that the ClientScheme is also set.

Thanks,
Andrew

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

the only error i have in the favicon.ico which cannot be found otherwise i have this

when i look at the preview i have 

i will ask the custom about the the primary web server i don’t have access to the environment

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi Christophe,

Your screenshots only show the Network tab.  If you click on the “Console” tab, it should have some output about the issue.  Is there anything logged to the “Console” tab when you refresh the report window?

Thanks,
Andrew

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Christophe,

Please check the global.xml with Configuration Editor in the General - Globals branch for the setting of the ReportServer.

The ReportsServer setting should not be localhost but should point to one of the app servers (name or IP) that is chosen to keep the reports view state.

I had another customer who had strange errors only while generating reports from the Web Employee Portal that worked fine from the Astea Browser which this step resolved their issue.

When you are in a multi-application server environment this should only point to a single server from ALL application servers.  Localhost would mean it would generate on the whichever server it was call from but the new tab may not get routed to that server by your routing rules thus not find it.

Another area to potentially check is on every app server:

Open the Astea Alliance 15.0\WebReportsService\web.config, find the publicURI attribute and verify that it has the same http protocol, host name and application folder as in the PrimaryWebserverURL setting. The publicURI value should be with http or https://full host name/AsteaAlliance150/Web_Framework/AReports/WebReportsService

Hopefully, this works for you but this is my first guess.  Even if this does not work for your instance, you should make this setting.  I would point it to a utility application server or which ever server is least used.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Christophe,

The replay window could not contain all the screen captures. I responded in the attached word.SincerelyMichel
Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Michael,

Good advice in general… I had thought of these as well but the fact the report worked in the Astea Browser and not the Web Employee Portal made me think otherwise. 

Your information is useful and appreciated!

Phil