Warehouse Data collection RAC Time Sync

• 12 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi All,

This is a headsup if you are using Warehouse Data collection on a oracle RAC, one of our customers last year had a strange problem of sessions locking each other and then its being ending up as a license issue, where customer stacking up multiple sessions from the same user and the count is going to the maximum number of user sessions.

The issue started happening when a single oracle instance load was high and when it tried to serve a Warehouse Datacollection related request by the second instance. Wadaco client waits for a 60 seconds until it receives a response from the server and if it doesn’t receive, retry button will be enabled again which in terms creates another request. But the initial request is in a state which is unusable but it is locking the Data_Capture_Session_Line_Tab, after a tiring investigation we identified the issue was a time gap between the two RAC instances, and it was a whooping 1 hour. The acceptable amounts of differences are milliseconds i think. Once we fixed the time difference the issue did go away. 

Although this didn’t affect the other IFS components it does affect wadaco component for some reason. But keepinging your RAC instances sync on time is vital.

The case id follows : G2160304

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Note that sometimes the wadaco licensing functionality could give a license error when in reality it was a environment issue that caused the license check to fail. We have now fixed that with bug 156870 that was patched in December last year. So now the real error should be raised up when its a environment issue.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Dario,

Yes, I have noted this as well, when the middleware servers are down I have seen this error. Anyways the specific scenario I am talking about is not such a scenario. And it was locking Data_Capture_Session_Line_TAB records for indefinite times.