Question

WADACO Report Picking Part

• 12 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I’m attempting to use the REPORT_PICKING_PART process in WADACO. With the out of the box configuration, after entering the Pick List number, IFS automatically grabs the first line on the pick list. I enabled the List of Values for UNIQUE_LINE_ID so I can at least see my options. The list only shows the Part Description and line Quantity. I also attempted to move the Data Items around, like  PART_NO and LINE_NO, but the results are the same. It’s like IFS selects what part, line, and release and you are forced to pick that one. 

Does anyone know if it’s possible to configure the process in this order…

Pick List > Part Number, Line, Release > Lot Batch No > Location > Qty

Or, is there a way to add columns to the List of Values so I can see the Part Number, Line No, Etc.

Here is an example of the Unique Line Id. There isn’t enough information to select the part I want to pick.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

The pick list process and the template configuration is built to be a guided process. It has the same sorting order as the paper pick list have which is the warehouse route order sorting. So its setup like if you would follow the physical paper pick list.

But you can change the order of the configuration items so it will be picked and filtered differently, but you then need to turn off auto-pick LOV for unique line id (auto-pick is what makes it guided). But note that unique line id is the real key (record identifier) here so not having it early in the configuration could give bad performance. Experiment with having Part Number or other items before unique line id if that gives you more flexibility, but try and have unique line id as early as possible when there is a good chance that a unique record have been identified by items like part number, lot batch etc, putting unique line id in the end is not recommended even if you are not using it, due to performance issues.

There is also a possibility to do changes in the LOV description to show different values there as small (server code) customer adaptations if  necessary. 
But note that for any non PC/Truck-PC devices the screen is very small and the space to show this information is very limited, so that’s why we are not showing everything in the description column for the LOV.