Question

Wadaco - PACK_INTO_HANDLING_UNIT_SHIP - Package Parts

• 6 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

One of my customer uses Package Parts in their solution, when they are picking the goods from inventory to shipment, they have some chained Wadaco processes, which in the end stops at the process PACK_INTO_HANDLING_UNIT_SHIP. When trying to save a location No, after the handling unit with the package parts components has been created, they get an error message stating: ““Location No &LOCATION_NO does not exist in the context of the entered data and this process.”

is it possible to use the PACK_INTO_HANDLING_UNIT_SHIP process in wadaco when it comes to Package parts?  According to the code, one of the item validation methods seem to not find a shipment line where source ref 4 = -1 (package parts). 

See attached description of customers scenario

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I guess not possible if the lines you are looking for don’t exist in the data source (view SHIPMENT_SOURCE_RESERVATION) that is used in this case.

I have no idea if this is intentional or not or what the requirements was when this was built for Apps9 6 years ago.

Badge +1

@Dario Zani  Im not sure that this is intentional actually. When investigating the code, we found some loops for WadaCo that checks if the Source Ref 4 = -1, (-1 is the source ref 4 code for package parts on shipment), and after that if/else, there seem to be further code that should do some actions for the package parts (which never seem to be called), hence my doubt if Wadaco and Package part are compatible..

For the scenario package parts, i wonder if it selects the records from the wrong tab (SHIPMENT_SOURCE_RESERVATION instead of SHIPMENT_CONNECTABLE_LINE).

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi, 

Do you know if it possible to pack one package part in 2 different handling units on shipment?

Example:

• Package Part has 2 different Package Components (1 UN each)
  • what I want is:
    • Put Part 1 into HU 123
    • Put Part 2 into HU 456

But on Handling Unit strucutre tab (Shipment) > subtab Unattached Shipment Lines, I can only see one line related to Package Part. So, It seems that the package part cannot be packed separately.

Thanks in advance.

Joao