Question

WADACO (Move into Stock - Print Label)

• 5 May 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Within the WADACO process “Move into Stock” I am trying to generate an Inventory Barcode Label. There is a data item within the configuration titled “Print_Inventory_Part_Barcode”, however there is no “Original Pack Size” following this data item. When selecting “Yes” to print labels, nothing appears in the Print Manager. 

If I look at other configurations that have the “Print_Inventory_Part_Barcode” data item working properly, it is always immediately followed by the “Original Pack Size” item in order to determine the number of labels to generate. Any ideas as to how to get this to work within the “Move into Stock” configuration? Can the “Original Pack Size be added to this configuration easily?

Thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

From what I can see 'Move into Stock' (renamed to 'Move Part In Receipt' in Apps10) was created to print the barcode that you used in the process, getting its value from BARCODE_ID data item and then just (re-)printing that one so if you didn’t have value for the BARCODE_ID data item no report will be printed, while other processes actually create and print a new barcode from the used stock keys so that is why they have the 'Original Pack Size' data item also.

I don’t know if we should consider this implementation as a correct implementation or a bug from a functional perspective, that someone else have to decide.
But it could have been extended to support both a re-print of a known barcode or create a new one and print if barcode isn’t used, but then we have to add Original Pack Size as a data item and call a different method during execution phase so you cannot just add the data item, also the server code needs changes for it to work.