Question

WaDaCo Menu Folders and how to use them

• 2 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I have been playing around with WaDaCo and have created a menu by attaching various configurations to the menu.  I can also create folders on the menu but I have a couple of questions: 

1. It appears that I am limited to only 16 items on the menu when I use Scan It.  Is that correct?
  2. In the same menu, I can add a folder but I have these issues:
  3. I can add a folder but it doesn’t appear when I run Warehouse Data Collection from the navigator. It also doesn’t appear when I use Scan it.  
  4. How do I add configurations to folders so that I can reduce the number of each items on a screen?  The help text doesn’t describe it,

Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Vernon Anderson ,

see my replies:

It appears that I am limited to only 16 items on the menu when I use Scan It.  Is that correct?

I was able to add more than 16 items to the menu, a mixture of folders and individual configurations, and all were visible in client and Scan It. @Dario Zani do you a reason for the limitation Vernon described?

In the same menu, I can add a folder but I have these issues: I can add a folder but it doesn’t appear when I run Warehouse Data Collection from the navigator. It also doesn’t appear when I use Scan it.

Empty folders do not appear as visible items in Scan It or WaDaCo in client. You can create a Russian doll of folders and multiple levels of subfolders, but if there are no linked process’s or configurations inside, none of them will be visible in WaDaCo.

How do I add configurations to folders so that I can reduce the number of each items on a screen?  The help text doesn’t describe it,

In the Data Collection Menu page, you need to dive down to the folder level to be able to add process’s, configurations or subfolders into it. See screen captures.

Br,

Mikko

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I don’t see any limitation of 16 items in the menu either.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Please disregard! Steve Ross was kind enough to show me the process of adding configurations to the folders I created. There is NOTHING in the Help text about this process!