Question

WaDaCo - LOV auto pick function

• 4 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hello,

I am setting up the “Report Picking Part” Data Collection Configuration. Every time that we report picking from the scan gun, we create a handling unit prior to that. The first step of the report picking process is to choose which Shipment Handling Unit ID you are attaching the parts in which you are picking. 

Every time we do this process, we always choose the most recent Shipment Handling Unit ID that was created (that process never deviates). I am trying to have the system auto-pick the most recently created handling unit ID, but the auto pick function always chooses the first value in the LOV. The most recent handling unit ID created is always the last. Is there any way I can always make it choose the most recently created handling unit?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

I guess you would need a small modification to the view that populates the LOV (to order it).

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Auto Pick LOV always fetch the first value in the select it creates, so yes you need to modify the LOV method (which is in Handling_Unit_API). It has a order by statement in the end that looks like this now:

stmt_ := stmt_ || ' ORDER BY Utility_SYS.String_To_Number(' || column_name_ || '), ' || column_name_ || ' ASC';

If you want to reverse the sorting order, ASC needs to be changed to DESC. 

But note that the same method is used by other processes also like Report Picking of Handling Units, Pack into Handling Unit on Shipment, Receive Shop Order and Receive Shop Order Handling Unit, so a change here will affect those processes also(even if you don’t use auto pick in those since it affects the whole sorting order for the LOV). If you don’t do additional coding to make sure it only happens for this process which is very possible to code (process id can be fetched from session id).