Solved

WADACO Apps 8 Vs Apps 10 Differences

• 24 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I wanted to understand the main differences between Apps 8 and Apps 10 for the module in IFS called WADACO?

•    What modules are in APPS8 and APPS10 WADACO?
•    Are there any key differences?
•    Any improvements between the two?
•    What difference in functionality is there in Apps 10?
•    Can the Cedar Bay modules be replicated in Apps8 and Apps 10?

icon

Best answer by Dario Zani 27 November 2020, 08:52

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

•    What modules are in APPS8 and APPS10 WADACO?
The modules/components are almost the same between the versions, but in Apps8 we only had 19 processes while in Apps10 we have 53.
•    Are there any key differences?
•    Any improvements between the two?
•    What difference in functionality is there in Apps 10?
Apps10 have a lot more configuration options, better performance, in the latest updates of Apps10 you have the new Aurena client and 3 new Aurena mobile/native scanning apps for Android/IOS/Windows. Apps10 version is supporting new functionalities from regular Apps10 like handling units and shipment.
•    Can the Cedar Bay modules be replicated in Apps8 and Apps 10?
I don't know.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Another big thing added to Apps10 wadaco is support for GTIN and GS1 barcodes.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I’d also say the addition of WaDaCo menus is a major change that is very useful. Also picking works entirely differently in 10 re; pick by choice.

WaDaCo is a different beast in 10 - I’d consider it much more of a full function Warehousing system.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

•    What modules are in APPS8 and APPS10 WADACO?
The modules/components are almost the same between the versions, but in Apps8 we only had 19 processes while in Apps10 we have 53.
•    Are there any key differences?
•    Any improvements between the two?
•    What difference in functionality is there in Apps 10?
Apps10 have a lot more configuration options, better performance, in the latest updates of Apps10 you have the new Aurena client and 3 new Aurena mobile/native scanning apps for Android/IOS/Windows. Apps10 version is supporting new functionalities from regular Apps10 like handling units and shipment.
•    Can the Cedar Bay modules be replicated in Apps8 and Apps 10?
I don't know.

Hi Zani,

Thank you so much for your detailed answer on this and it was helpful for me to understand this quickly.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I’d also say the addition of WaDaCo menus is a major change that is very useful. Also picking works entirely differently in 10 re; pick by choice.

WaDaCo is a different beast in 10 - I’d consider it much more of a full function Warehousing system.

Hi Oliver,

Thank you so much your support:slight_smile:.