Question

Using Supplier Part Number-Wadaco

• 11 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi all,
During the process of Register Arrival with Wadaco, after selecting the purchase order number,  I'm interested in finding out if there's a method to input the supplier's part number which is mapped to our purchase part number, by scanning the corresponding labels. Essentially, I'm looking for a way to utilize the labels with the supplier's material codes as a means of data entry. This would streamline the process and potentially enhance accuracy, as manual entry could lead to errors. If anyone has experience with this or knows of a feature within Wadaco that allows for such functionality, I would greatly appreciate any insights or guidance on how to achieve this.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Sounds like a good suggestion, something to add to the Ideas section of this forum.

I would guess it wouldn’t be that hard to implement, for example by adding a new supplier part number data item that you can use instead of the regular part number item.

Badge +1

Sounds like a good suggestion, something to add to the Ideas section of this forum.

I would guess it wouldn’t be that hard to implement, for example by adding a new supplier part number data item that you can use instead of the regular part number item.

Hi Dario,

Will there be an issue by using ‘Supplier Part No’ instead of Part ID if that is not a key? I tried using Manufacturer part number as an alternative, but that didnt resolve my exact same problem.

Regards

Susith

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi Dario,

Will there be an issue by using ‘Supplier Part No’ instead of Part ID if that is not a key? I tried using Manufacturer part number as an alternative, but that didnt resolve my exact same problem.

Regards

Susith

Ah you are talking about one of the manufacturer items that was added back in 21 for Cloud tracks. I can’t say I remember much about that implementation, but I don’t think it can be used to identify the Purchase Part Number at the moment, since its not been implemented as filter data item. As I remember it was more added as extra information but not as replacement for Purchase Part Number from what I can see in the code or remember from when it was added.

I’m not sure if it is possible implement it as filter data item also like a way to find Purchase Part Number, perhaps it could be, but I can’t say for sure without knowing more about its usage here.

Badge +1

Hi @dario

Thanks for the information. I will go ahead with adding Supplier Part number instead. Is there anything special we have to do to make it a filter item replacing the Part ID?

Regards

Susith

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @dario

Thanks for the information. I will go ahead with adding Supplier Part number instead. Is there anything special we have to do to make it a filter item replacing the Part ID?

Regards

Susith

You mean with a customization I guess. Hmm I don’t know which methods that could be used to get Purchase Part Number from Supplier Part Number, I leave that to you to investigate, but I would put it in some good place in the process code so if Supplier Part Number comes before Purchase Part Number and it have a value, like perhaps inside methods like Get_Filter_Keys___ or Get_Automatic_Data_Item_Value (in Get_Filter_Keys___ there is already similar thing to fetch Part No from GTIN).

Badge +1

Hi @dario

Regards

Susith

You mean with a customization I guess. Hmm I don’t know which methods that could be used to get Purchase Part Number from Supplier Part Number, I leave that to you to investigate, but I would put in some good place in the process code so if Supplier Part Number comes before Purchase Part Number and it have a value, like perhaps inside methods like Get_Filter_Keys___ or Get_Automatic_Data_Item_Value (in Get_Filter_Keys___ there is already similar thing to fetch Part No from GTIN).

Thank you so much Dario