Using a tablet instead of a scanner

• 7 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 552 replies

Community,

Can we use a tablet rather than a scanner for IFS WADACO.

is WADACO free on tablet? 

Thank you.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

It depends a bit on which version of Applications you are using and for which platform. But if you can find Scan-It in your tablet store you can download it and use it in a similar way as you could for a scanner, you will be using the camera to scan in that case. You might need IFS Barcode scanner 9/10 app installed also if will be scanning more advanced barcodes like GS1.

It is as “free” as the Scan-It app is for your regular device, its all about the number of active wadaco licenses anyway, so it don’t matter on which device you run it on (at least when running IFS Applications 8/9/10, its a bit different for the Cloud releases when it comes to licenses).

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@MargaretVice Thank  you.

@Dario Zani thank you. I am not going to download Scan it 10 on tablet, instead, I am just using IEE window, is that free? My assumption is, as long as the user could access the WADACO in below window on tablet, and download IFS Barcode scanner 10, there is no concern of purchasing WADACO license. is this a correct statement? Thank you. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Ah using IEE on a tablet. Not sure if that will work though, since the connection using a camera to scan is mostly connected to the app I think and IFS barcode scanner 9/10, I have no idea if you can actual scan with IEE client in that way, normally when using IEE client we are using like usb/bluetooth scanners with that client, not the camera.

Yeah the apps/clients themselves are free, it then comes to how many active users you have licenses for, which app/client you are using don’t matter they all do the same license check anyway.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Dario Zani Thank you, you have the answer.