Question

Unattach Part from HU- WADACO

• 23 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

I'm trying to put the Process UNATTACH_PART_FROM_HANDL_UNIT subsequent to the Process RECEIVE_DISPATCH_ADVICE. The settings I made were these.

• RECEIVE_DISPATCH_ADVICE

• UNATTACH_PART_FROM_HANDL_UNIT

The process works when HU has only one Part No.
When the pallet is multi-part, when reading the SSCC, it doesn’t unattaches all Part Nos from the HU.
What setting might be missing here for the process to work correctly?

Best regards,
Luísa Quintas

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Unfortunately Unattach process was made to only unattach one part at the time and it was not implemented to support internal loop like you have in this case, it would need a so called commit between each part. You could try and to have it using a subsequent loop for the unattach configuration so it links to itself, then it perhaps could work, instead of the internal loop you have here.

This process could have used some flag or action to unattach all parts from a handling unit, but that would a be request for new functionality that we dont have at the moment.

Badge +3

Hi @Dario Zani 

Thanks again for the reply and the help provided.
I have two questions:

• Can you explain better what the subsquent loop is? How it works and how can I configure it?
  • If we have the same HU with multi-parts from different Purchase Orders, would the UNATTACH_RECEIPT_FROM_HU process work? Was the process also made to receive only the same part of the same Purchase order?

Best regards,
Luísa Quintas

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

The template configuration is already setup to be subsequent loop, it will continue after each session commit with the same configuration. The only thing you would need is to send SSCC by having it as Subsequent Data Item and have Use Subsequent Value = Fixed in similar way that you have now then the same SSCC will be use in next unattach session.

The only thing I would suspect that it might be a bit unclear when there is no parts left to unattach you might get an error or you end up with an empty LOV or something when that happens, that would be the indication that there is no more parts to unattach from this handling unit and you can leave the session and go back to menu. 

Unattach process is not connected to Purchase Orders, its just a general unattach part from a Handling Unit, by looking at what part stock records have quantities inside this handling unit.

Badge +1

Hi,

I might be a little late to the party but I have done exactly what is asked for here but that involves a customisation.

Just teh same as in the question, I have a chained configuration starting with RECEIVE_HU_DISPATCH_ADVICE, and UNATTACH_PART_FROM_HANDL_UNIT is configured as the subsequent process. In the OP example, SSCC is used to link the processes, I’m using ALT_HANDLING_UNIT_LABEL_ID instead, but is is equivalent.

The customisation consists of a new feedback item in the UNATTACH_PART_FROM_HANDL_UNIT process. That might not always be an option in the project but it is the only way to achive the desired result in this case.

The feedback item is called ALL_PARTS_UNATTACHED and is either 1 or 0. (Acting as True/False)

In the configuration of UNATTACH_PART_FROM_HANDL_UNIT,  I have set up the feedback item ALL_PARTS_UNATTACHED to control the subsequent behaviour of the UNATTACH_PART_FROM_HANDL_UNIT process like so:

If the feedback item ALL_PARTS_UNATTACHED is 0, then I take another turn in the UNATTACH_PART_FROM_HANDL_UNIT. The value of the handling unit needs to be kept for each turn as well. If it is 1, all parts have been unattached and I return to the start process, RECEIVE_HU_DISPATCH_ADVICE.

In order to make the unattach work, the part is automatically picked from the Lov, otherwise it wont work:

Cheers!

//Erik