Solved

The permissions needed for each WADACO process

• 9 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Is there documentation that can be used by customers to find out the permissions needed for each WADACO process?

icon

Best answer by Eva Schwartz 15 December 2021, 17:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Not sure about any documents, there might be some out in the consulting organization. I know there were some scripts to fetch this information among some consultants. But this information is not hidden and can be accessed by looking at each Process package and inside the method Is_Process_Available to see what is necessary (the scripts read that information if I remember correctly).

There is one big difference between Apps8/Apps9/Apps10 and the latest Cloud tracks, in the old Apps(8-10) it is server method grants that are necessary for each process while in Cloud its now Projection grants instead needed.

The main idea from the beginning was that the user would already been granted access to the right server methods if they had access to similar functionality in the normal clients, with some few exceptions where the process used a new method that was not used by the regular clients. But it feels like now days its more common that the wadaco users are not granted to the same functionality in the regular clients anymore so it is a bit more hassle to grant the correct methods/projections.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

For Apps10, try the following steps to find out what server method grant is needed for each WADACO process:

1. Find the PROCESS_PACKAGE linked to the Capture Process Id you are working with using the SELECT statement below

SELECT capture_process_id, Data_Capture_Process_API.Get_Description(capture_process_id) description, process_package

FROM data_capture_process

ORDER BY menu_item_order, description

Example: Process COUNT_PART_COUNT_REPORT is linked to DATA_CAPT_COUNT_PART_REP_API

2. Open the process package API and find the function Is_Process_Available. The function will include information regarding what server method grant is required

Example: DATA_CAPT_COUNT_PART_REP_API.Is_Process_Available includes the following line

IF (Security_SYS.Is_Method_Available('Counting_Report_Line_API.Count_And_Confirm_Line')) THEN

This means the user needs to be granted access to Counting_Report_Line_API.Count_And_Confirm_Line

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Eva Schwartz 

Short question on this: Is this somewhere documented officially? :)

And thank you very very much for this information!

Kind regards
Tobias

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @Technical Toby,

I am not aware of this being officially documented anywhere. I figured it out based on Dario Zani’s response.

Eva