Question

SO Picking List Stopped - GS1 Barcode 2

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 547 replies

Community,

We are testing WADACO Warehouse Shop Order Picking list in APP10 UPD9 environment.

Below process are released out of box without any modification.

1. START_WAREHOUSE_TASK
  2. REPORT_PICK_PART_SO_PICK_LIST
  3. START_SHOP_ORDER_PICKING
  4. REPORT_PICK_PART_SO_PICK_LIST

The process is working well if the shop order picking list is just one line. The process will be stuck in below process if shop order picking list is more than one line. The process failed to move to the 2nd picking line, below is the error screenshot. How to fix this error?

the process is stuck at START_SHOP_ORDER_PICKING
​​

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @ronhu ,

I think in the data collection configuration for this process, it might have been configured to auto pick the next available material line and hide them in the process. So, all the data items before the GS1 Barcode 2 data item, are auto picked, and you are just prompted to enter the GS1 Barcode 2.

What happens when you enter the GS1 Barcode 2 and continue ? Doesn’t it pick the second material line as well ?

Best Regards

Thushitha

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Thushitha Chandrasiri Thank you for your reply.

after I entered the GS1 (or whatever the code it is), system move to below and is going nowhere.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Did you change this that you noticed earlier? If you jump to part process from start warehouse task I could suspect that you might encounter issues.

https://community.ifs.com/warehouse-data-collection-wadaco-252/warehouse-task-type-shop-order-pick-list-subsequent-process-id-wrong-38154

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Dario Zani Thank you for your attention.

Our WADACO has never been in place until recently, we are start testing it.I didn’t make any changes to IFS which is out of box. 

in APP10, new process is introduced to identify what type of picking it is, i.e. PART or HU. so process START_PICKING (CO) and START_SHOP_ORDER_PICKING(SO) is to do this job i believe. Hence I do believe the START_WAREHOUSE_TASK  the subsequent job for SO picking should be START_SHOP_ORDER_PICKING rather than REPORT_PICKING_PART_SO_PICK_LIST.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Dario Zani 

I tried both configurations, either to START_SHOP_ORDER_PICK or REPORT_PICK_PART_SO_PICK_LIST, all stuck in error GS1 BARCODE 2.​​​​

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

It sounds like a configuration issue, like the start process don’t know where to jump next.

Since you had some previous strange settings from START_WAREHOUSE_TASK where it jumped to REPORT_PICK_PART_SO_PICK_LIST instead of the START_SHOP_ORDER_PICK. So you have changed that so it is START_SHOP_ORDER_PICK that the start warehouse task jumps to when its a shop order pick list?

Take some screenshots of both the general tab and the subsequent tab for the configurations for  START_WAREHOUSE_TASK, START_SHOP_ORDER_PICK and REPORT_PICK_PART_SO_PICK_LIST your are using and post them here, maybe we can see some more wrong settings perhaps.

One classic mistake is to have the wrong configuration id as subsequent configuration but usually then you get an error that the configuration don’t exist or is not released. This often happens when copying the template configuration 1 to a new configuration, then some of the old configuration 1 settings are still there and needs to be changed to new copied configurations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Dario Zani Thank you for your reply. i am testing pick level PART.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Dario Zani this is the error prompted immediately after confirm the Warehouse Task. apparently, system does not know which process to start with next.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Yeah the configurations looks ok from a quick glance of them from what I can see.

So if I understand you now, it don’t matter how many lines the Shop Order Pick List have, if you go thru Start Shop Order Picking it always stops there?

Have you tried to start directly from Start Shop Order Picking instead of going thru Start Warehouse Task (you just add Start Shop Order Picking to your menu if you have menu created here)?  Just to be sure that it acts the same way so it don’t matter if you come from warehouse task or not.

One thing I noticed is that warehouse task is parked, but I guess that should not affect how Start Shop Order Pick List works anyway.

Do you have manually created menu here or is that just auto generated? Since if its auto generated it seems to point that your Start Shop Order Pick List don't have company/site added to the configuration maybe.

I noticed that in the subsequent tab on Start Shop Order Pick List that the process Report Pick Hu So Pick List is setup to still use configuration 1, so I guess its not used or released here. Not sure if that could affect this somehow even though in your case it was Part pick list line and not a Handling Unit one, it is probably a long shot that this could affect the outcome here.

Any screenshot on the Items tab for Start Shop Order Pick List?

Another thing you could test is to temporary enable Confirm Execution on the general tab for Start Shop Order Pick List. Since maybe if you do that we might see a real error message shown perhaps that could better indicate what is wrong here, since now this process is passed without any user stops so there might be a risk that the real error is not visible in the session due to that. Or if that don’t help instead make sure the configuration stops on one of the data items by changing Fixed to Default to force a user interaction/stop in the flow since that could also help showing the real error message here.

Is there any problem if you run similar flow from start warehouse task for a Customer Order Pick List or a Transport Task?

A workaround if you are not using handling units in this pick list or in your company, is to skip Start Shop Order Pick List in the flow and go directly to Report Pick Part So Pick List, since that was how the flow worked in Apps9.

It could be a bug, but its strange since I would guess there is other customers running this flow for Shop Order Pick Lists without problems.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Dario Zani Appreciated your time.

let me review your comments later and get back to you soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

So if I understand you now, it don’t matter how many lines the Shop Order Pick List have, if you go thru Start Shop Order Picking it always stops there?

******************************** Yes, regardless of the picking list lines, always stop there.

Parked status will not have any impact to the testing results.

Do you have manually created menu here or is that just auto generated? Since if its auto generated it seems to point that your Start Shop Order Pick List don't have company/site added to the configuration maybe.

*********************************  START_SHOP_ORDER_PICKING this process even I had the company code assigned, it will not show up in the menu, that is weird. a bug?

I noticed that in the subsequent tab on Start Shop Order Pick List that the process Report Pick Hu So Pick List is setup to still use configuration 1, so I guess its not used or released here. Not sure if that could affect this somehow even though in your case it was Part pick list line and not a Handling Unit one, it is probably a long shot that this could affect the outcome here.

*******************************************i enabled the REPORT_PICK_HU_SO_PICK_LIST to Released status, configuration 2 and tested, same result.

Any screenshot on the Items tab for Start Shop Order Pick List?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

“Do you have manually created menu here or is that just auto generated? Since if its auto generated it seems to point that your Start Shop Order Pick List don't have company/site added to the configuration maybe.

*********************************  START_SHOP_ORDER_PICKING this process even I had the company code assigned, it will not show up in the menu, that is weird. a bug?”

No its not a bug if you have manually created menu for your company/site since then you have to manually add all configurations you want to see in the menu. But if the menu is autogenerated (no menu exist for your company/site) it should show all configurations that are released for your site/company and that you have been granted to run. In this case for START_SHOP_ORDER_PICKING the user needs to be granted to both what is required for the part and handling unit sub processes (Shop_Material_Pick_Line_API.Report_Pick_Line and Shop_Material_Pick_Util_API.Report_Pick_For_Handling_Unit) if the user is missing one of these grants they should not be allowed to run this process and it would not be visible in the menu.

The items tab looks ok also, I was just curious if there was some strange fixed value setting for PICK_LIST_NO_LEVEL.

I would suggest you test the other suggestions like making START_SHOP_ORDER_PICKING stop intentionally before jumping to part process and starting from START_SHOP_ORDER_PICKING instead of starting from START_WAREHOUSE_TASK.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Dario Zani Will it be permission set issue?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Maybe, but then I would have guessed you would have gotten stuck already between START_WAREHOUSE_TASK and START_SHOP_ORDER_PICKING.

Maybe this user don’t have access to the Handling Unit method, Shop_Material_Pick_Util_API.Report_Pick_For_Handling_Unit, at least that would explain if START_SHOP_ORDER_PICKING isn’t visible in the autogenerated menu and it would probably cause problem for the START_SHOP_ORDER_PICKING process also, but I would have expected the issue to happen before that process is started.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Dario Zani  Permission set in Data Object for Shop_Material_Pick_Util_API is not fully granted. I just enable them all, and refresh the cache.

it is working now at my first test. I will try more.

Thank you for your time.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Ah so it was a grant issue, damn very strange how it didn’t stop until the last data item START_SHOP_ORDER_PICKING but i guess it could have something todo that everything was handled in the server side until the end and then it stopped due to the grant issue. I guess there was an error perhaps somewhere that was missed due to how it was setup and auto handled,  that was why I suggested to make the start process stop for user interaction, i would guess that maybe then a more proper error would have been visible.

Good that we solved that mystery at least.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Dario Zani  Yes, thank you for your time. appreciated.