Question

Scan It, Scandit & Data Matrix Barcodes

• 29 January 2024
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

I’m in the middle of testing scanning a Data Matrix Barcode (i.e. QR code) on IFS Scan It and running into an issue with the below error.

I’ve done the following:

1. Obtained test license key from Scand it
  2. Set the Application ID/Bundle ID to com.ifsworld.barcodescanner and i also tried  then com.ifs.barcodescanner
  3. Entered the license key in IFS for the Android App

Although I keep running into one of the below errors. 

Is this an issue with the Scandit license key or am I missing set-up in IFS?

IFS Version: 23R2

Using a Samsung Galaxy S23 camera

IFS Scan It Version: 24.1.1092.0

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@astfarazt the bundle ID needs to be com.ifsworld.barcodescanner, the other variation you tried will not work.

Looks like you’ve already done this, but can you double check your steps against what’s documented here please?

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r2/030_administration/040_native_apps/090_aurena_native_apps/60_scan_it/#optional_scandit_application_license_key

Best regards,

Rukmal

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Rukmal,

I’ve validated the set-up and I am still presented with the same error.  

Underneath the error, I also see another pop-up that says: Note: Scandit Test License will not work if device is offline.

Although, the device has full connectivity.  

Any other ideas on what could be wrong with the set-up?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@astfarazt can you add a full screen screenshot of the error scenario please?

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@Rukmal Fernando Sure, below is the full screenshot.  Note that the text at the bottom goes away after a few seconds.  If this makes any difference, I’m testing this in a BuildPlace environment.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Unfortunately, both of these messages are raised by Scandit itself, and not the IFS Scan It app, so it’s hard to say. For what it’s worth, the toast (the “Note: Scandit Test License will not work...”) message appears to be only an information message and not an error (see https://support.scandit.com/hc/en-us/articles/207388175--Note-Scandit-Test-License-will-not-work-if-device-is-offline-appearing-even-when-device-has-internet-connection)

That said, the main error text still suggests to me that the key is not setup properly, which the documentation also hints at, see https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r2/030_administration/040_native_apps/090_aurena_native_apps/60_scan_it/#optional_scandit_application_license_key

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@Rukmal Fernando I raised a support case with Scandit but they feel it’s related to the Application ID.   I validated it’s set-up as com.ifsworld.barcodescanner.  

Is there anyway we can validate the application ID?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@astfarazt I got some input from a technical expert, so can you try recreating the license with the application ID com.ifs.cloud.ScanIt please?

Thanks,

Rukmal

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@astfarazt have you been able to try my suggestion above please?

Thanks,

Rukmal

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Rukmal Fernando Sorry for the late reply.  I was going to try it then when I logged into my trial Scandit account, it no longer required an Application/Bundle ID.

I’m not sure if this is due to a change in the Scandit trial license or because I was sending messages to their support that they provided my account with that access.  

The scanning function now works (i.e. I can scan 2D Data Matrix barcodes with the camera alone), although I still get that message that the Scandit License will not work if the device is alone.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@astfarazt that’s great to hear!

I know nothing about Scandit’s processes, but it does sound like they may have enabled all application/bundle ID’s.

I believe also that the toast message you see is standard - see https://support.scandit.com/hc/en-us/articles/207388175--Note-Scandit-Test-License-will-not-work-if-device-is-offline-appearing-even-when-device-has-internet-connection

Thanks for the update!

Rukmal