Question

Receive Shop Order Barcode

• 7 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Dear community,

What is the best way to scan one main barcode on the report if we are using the Shop Floor Workbench and the Wadaco Config. REVEIVE_SHOP_ORDER?

Requirment is to use one Barcode in which contains the Order no, Release No and Sequence No or as second option the Barcode.

I also though to use the Operation ID which would be the best for the Shop Floow Workbench but unfortunatly I found no way to use it with the wadaco.

Barcode ID used for Operation ID:

Regarding the Wadaco Configuration: Is the Barcode ID on Shop Order Header Level ? What can be done to use the Operation ID in the Wadaco? Is there a way to use the Operation ID as well in the Wadaco?

Or if we go with the Shop Order, is there a way to scan one barcode and which fills up all fields (Order No, Release No and Seq. No)? And for the Wadaco then as well?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I cannot answer for Shop Floor Workbench since that is not my area (but I would guess you need to code a customization for that to work there), but in wadaco you have like 2 possibilities I would say.

Either use the GS1 barcode functionality and create a barcode that hold those 3 values and map to the correct values in the configuration. Our GS1 implementation is very flexible and you can use any AI Code you want to map values in IFS applications as long as they are of similar data type have similar length or you can use one of the free AI codes (90-99).

Or you create a regular barcode that holds these 3 values in one string but you also add some kind of dividing character between them and then setup the scanner to replace that character with a carriage return character when reading the barcode so they will be saved in wadaco after each other (you have to make sure they come exactly after each other in the same order then in the configuration also, so you only scan the first one and the rest will we autosaved) or you could perhaps even have carriage return as the dividing character if that is possible, this will simulate that you press save in the scanning client between each value.

see more info about GS1 here:

The BARCODE_ID item is connected IFS internal barcode for Parts, see more info in the client inventory Part Barcode Analysis, but its connected to parts so you cannot use it for other things.

Hi Dario

I tried it with the second option and created the Barcode with tabs for the Wadaco and Shop Floor Workbench.

In some occasions it works fine in the Shop Floor Workbench, but in the most cases the following error message appears:often the case if more then one Release No available but not only then… Same behavior appears when you paste a copied order no in the Order No field.

often the case if more then one Release No available but not only then… Same behavior appears when you paste a copied order no in the Order No field.

And in the wadaco only the order no will be scanned:

Do you knwo what I could change in the configuration as it is the exact sequence as required:

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

In a regular IEE or Aurena client, the tab character might work as a divider but for wadaco it needs to be replaced with carriage return to trigger the save between each item in the barcode string. Most scanners have settings for you to replace one character with another so I would look into that to see if you can make it work for wadaco, but of course then it might not work when you run Shop Floor Workbench with the same scanner. Plus I’m not 100% sure how good that option work when you use that Aurena web client, it probably works better if you use the mobile app I would guess.

I don’t know why it only works sometimes for the shop floor workbench, but I would guess the Aurena web FW have some limitations when you send strings/commands like that.

For a wadaco perspective option 1 with GS1 is probably the most reliable and stable to handle a thing like that, but you cannot use that GS1 barcode for the shop floor workbench without doing some customizations in the client to handle the GS1 string that way.