Solved

Process Transport Task Part - WaDaCo Issue

• 3 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

When working with the Process Transport Task Part through WaDaCo, I’m noticing some strange behavior in which the Automatic Value selections are not being considered.  

Environments (2 different environments):

Cloud 22R2- UPD3

Cloud 22R2 - UPD4

Date Set-up:

• Transport Task Consolidation
    • Part By: Multiple Parts
    • Source By: Single Ref 1
    • From Location By: Warehouse
    • To Location By: Warehouse
  • Currently not using  Drop-off or Forward to Locations
  • Inventory Parts are Lot Batch Tracked (Order Based)
  • Warehouse Data Collection Configurations (copied from the originals and I’ve made changes but similar behavior regardless)
    • Start Warehouse Task
    • Start Transport Task
    • Process Transport Task Part

Overall Scenario:

The scenario includes a user manually creating a transport task for multiple reserved line items thorough the warehouse that will eventually be used for a Shop Order.  Once the Transport Task is created, the user should be able to move this material via Transport Task to a staging location where it will ultimately be Issued/Pick from the Shop Order.  

Process Steps:

1. Select multiple items in Inventory Part in Stock Reservations Window
  2. Select Move with Transport Task
  3. Once Transport Task is created, go to WaDaCo emulator and select Start Warehouse Task (already released based on BDR)
  4. Configuration rolls the users into Start Transport Task then ultimately into Process Transport Task Part
  5. Once in Process Transport Task Part, it seems the Automatic Values have no control over the configuration:
    1. For example, a vast majority of the data should be able to be Defaulted or selected as Fixed from the already created Transport Task, however these do not work.  The user must manually select the LOV and select the items, even if the Automatic Value is set to Fixed or Default.  The application does allow the LOV to Auto Pick, although that doesn’t seem like the correct setting in this scenario.
    2. The 2nd issue is that the user is prompted for many Data Items that are not Process Keys (i.e. W/D/R, Engineering Change Level, Activity Sequence, Handling Unit ID, Alternative Handling Unit ID, SSCC, etc. etc.)  This occurs regardless of any settings defined in the configuration.  

Is this behavior a limitation of the configuration somehow (i.e. doesn’t support the consolidation we have defined) or is there a bug here?  

icon

Best answer by Dario Zani 3 March 2023, 17:26

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Sounds like a configuration issue to me, if you want the automatic value functionality to work properly transport_task_id and line_no must come in the beginning since they are record keys for the TT. What changes did you do compared to the template configurations?

I’m not familiar with transport task consolidation though, not sure how that could impact the process. I don’t see that we have done many changes in TT on the wadaco side the last 3-4 years. Only thing I can see was that order type was added as a data item 2 years back, to be used for filtering mostly.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Thanks for the quick response, @Dario Zani.  I have tried the configuration both with modifications and simply using the template configuration copied and Released - the issue still persists.  

Currently, I’m using the default template just copied to a new configuration:

• The Transport Task ID is fetched from Start Transport Task
  • The Line No is Auto Picked
  • Then the application will require you to select the Transport Task Status although the Use Automatic Value is set to Fixed
  • This occurs again with the FROM_CONTRACT.  The Automatic Values are fixed, but the user is prompted to select a value.  

Although I have not enabled it at the moment until these issues are resolved, ideally, the user can loop through these parts instead of having to transport then one by one.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Try and run the process without coming from Start Warehouse Task and Start Transport Task and see if there is any differences then. I noticed in the code that if you come from Start Transport Task the sorting is changed and another view is used instead for the LOV, not sure if that could explain your different behavior with LOV and automatic value. When you open the LOV’s do they have one or several lines?

Since if there is several lines in the LOV that would explain why automatic value will not find the value either since no unique value could be found in that case.

I tried the part process quickly here in Apps10 track (should be the same code for the process compared to cloud anyway) and I got all the expected automatic values as normal with the template configuration.

Maybe it has something to do with that consolidation, try the same configuration with other types of transport tasks to see if they work better.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Appreciate the feedback, @Dario Zani.  I removed all the configurations and wiped all related settings to go back to core, then slowly added one change at a time.

Fortunately after several iterations, the configuration now works in an acceptable manner.  Seems it must have been user error somewhere on my part.

Although I’ve worked with WaDaCo over 4 years now, it’s always a good PSA to make one or two changes at a time.  Making several changes in a configuration at once increases the chances of disrupting the core logic and then not allowing the user to determine where the root cause may be.