Question

Picking order in WaDaCo

• 30 March 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

We are having an intermittent situation when picking parts with warehouse data collection.

Here is our custom created pick list.

First, I go to REPORT_PICKING_PART in WaDaco.

Then I enter the data for line 1, and I get an error message that says Location No 24A18 does not exist in the context of the entered data and this process.

So I start over and I enter data for line 2. It processes completely.

Then I go back to line 1, and it processes completely.

It appears that IFS is expecting us to pick these 3 parts in a certain order. How can I find out what that order is? I want to print the lines in the correct sequence because its causing workers to go back to a location they were just at to redo the task.

Typically this isn’t an issue if material is kept in different bins, the issue comes when the material is in a shared location. So for example the pick list above wouldn’t be an issue because we can start at the top and work our way down the list and follow the prompts on the WaDaCo and it tells us which location to go to.

The issue comes in real life for example, we store things on trailers because we’re short on space in the warehouse. Then when we need to pick things from that trailer, the order displayed from top to bottom on the pick list doesn’t match with what IFS wants us to pick them in.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

-Mike

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi Mike,

My immediate thought was that of course the picking order should be the same, please send an issue and include configuration. Some follow up questions:

• Have you adjusted the route order in any way?
  • Are you using both a printed pick list and Wadaco together to pick? If so why?
  • Does either order (printed or Wadaco) make more sense?

My second thought is that you write about getting prompted to go to a certain location yet you also write that you scan the incorrect location and that you don’t know which order to pick in?

• Can you add additional feedbacks to the unique line id item to help the user find their way easier?

Hope this helps you find a way forward.

KRgds, Anna