Question

Move_part_In_Receipt

• 6 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

after doing Register arrival, we would like to use Wa Da Co to move the parts from the arrival location to a picking location.

During register arrival, the operator prints the barcode label and attaches it to the part.

Next, we want to have as less actions as possible using WaDaCo. Preferably only 2: we scan the barcode attached to the part, and enter the ‘to location’. However, it seems that the barcode does not include the Source Ref 1, which is needed for the receipt. Is there a solution for that?

If I enter the source ref 1 manually, I keep getting the error “Configuration id * does not exist in the context of the entered data and this processs”. I don’t have any configuraiton ID’s involved?

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

Both these processes prints the inventory part barcode report which is a pure stock record barcode for most of the stock record keys, it don’t have any additional information. If you want to source_ref1 or other items part of the barcode you have to create a new customized barcode, maybe by using the GS1 standard if you want to have several values including both stock keys and source_ref1 in one barcode/QRcode.

About the error, I’m guessing this is after you have scanned inventory part barcode so it will use those values for the stock keys that have been setup to use automatic value. You could try and turn off some of them like for configuration id to see what happens or check what values was used in the data capture session client (since some of them might be hidden in scanning client).

You could check the barcode used here and see what values we will fetch from it by looking at it in Inventory Part Barcode analysis page.

The error could be misleading and maybe it is one of the other stock keys you get from the barcode that don’t match what exist for that source_ref1 record. 

It could also be a bug but it is hard to say without a proper investigation and knowing all the details and how the configuration and the data looks like.