Question

Install Wadaco on Android

• 14 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

We are trying to load the Wadaco app on the supported HoneyWell Android handheld. We cannot find the apk package needed to load an app on Android. Anyone running this, or able to assist?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

Depending on the App version you are using you can get IFS Scan it App from the android Play store.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Without knowing your IFS version I’ll assume you’re on IFS10, in which case you will need to deploy the IFS Account Manager 10 and the IFS Scan It 10 apps on the Android device.  Account Manager handles the account side of things (not needed on iOS) and ScanIT is the actual app used for the WADACO itself

Nick

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Without knowing your IFS version I’ll assume you’re on IFS10, in which case you will need to deploy the IFS Account Manager 10 and the IFS Scan It 10 apps on the Android device.  Account Manager handles the account side of things (not needed on iOS) and ScanIT is the actual app used for the WADACO itself

Nick

I apologize, yes we are on IFS 10 UPD 10. So there is no WADACO app similar to the Windows handheld versions? We have to use the Account Manager and ScanIT, which then requires us to use TouchApps and have another server/licensing?

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Unless something changed since UPD5 when we first rolled it out, Android needs to use ScanIt, which in turned required Account Manager.  Yes, both of those function through a TouchApps server.

We also initially tried to use Windows devices but they were older tech without such good scan capabilities, and all of the newer devices were Android-only, so we had to make the same switch that it seems you are doing now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @cward21 ,

We are running IFS Application 10 Update 8 and use the IFS scanning functionality within our company.   You do not need to install the IFS Account Manager anymore if you download the IFS Aurena Scan It 10 application which is really nice.   We are using IFS Aurena Scan It 10 application version 10.8.1301.0 at present since we are on IFS Application 10 Update 8.   I believe IFS Aurena Scan It 10 application version 10.10.1336.0 was released for IFS Application 10 Update 10.

As far as I know IFS Application 10 requires the Touch App server be installed and configured to utilize any of the IFS Scan It applications.   We installed the Touch App server on our utility server since its pretty light weight and we do not intend to allow direct access from the Internet.

You can install IFS Aurena Scan It 10 from Google Play Store directly onto a device or you could download the APK from a site such as https://apkpure.com/ which makes the APK’s available which are on Google Play Store.

We do not allow our devices to access the internet directly so we installed the APK’s in the Touch App server and we use the download section of the Touch App server to install the IFS Aurena Scan It 10 on our devices.

Regards,

William Klotz