"Generate SSCC" on RECEIVE_SHOP_ORDER process through WaDaCo

• 12 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hello Community,

Anyone of you came across with the below issue when performing the RECEIVE_SHOP_ORDER function through WaDaCo?

Pre-requisites

“Generate SSCC” enabled in Handling Unit Types window

Create a packing instruction and connect the HU type

Create a Manufacturing part and set up product structure and routing with a component part and create a shop order and connect the packing instruction.

Process the Shop order until to Receive step. ( Release > Reserve > Report Operation > Issue)

Perform “Receive”

User can see, “Create SSCC” option is enabled and when perform the Receive, SSCC numbers are generated and can view them in Inventory part in Stock.

BUT

When user perform the “RECEIVE_SHOP_ORDER” function in WaDaCo. SSCC numbers are not generating and not visible in the inventory part in stock window. 

Even though the “Generate SSCC” enabled in Packing Ins and Handling unit type level.

But as a work around user can select create SSCC in IEE client and then receive through WaDaCo.

But I am just wondering if I missed anything to generate SSCC through WaDaCo. Checked the configuration and couldn't find out anything relevant? Or does the user have to manually generate the SSCC in shop order prior to performing WaDaCo?

Thank you,

Chamath

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Chamath Kuruppuarachchi 

I’m not that familiar with how a SSCC is generated from Receive Shop Order, I searched the code in the process code but there is nothing mentioning generating SSCC.

But if this generating is suppose to happened after you have done Receiving, I’m pretty sure that the data item called SSCC will be blank since it would only have a value if you have done the generating before starting the process (and handling unit id probably needs to come before SSCC in the configuration), it will only show the existing SSCC for that handling unit before Receiving I would guess.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Dario Zani  Hope you are doing good.

Yes, Handling unit id is coming first in the configuration and yes these SSCC s are generating while doing the receiving of shop order as per the default configuraion.

At below point shop order is reserved, reported and issued and even HU s are generated since we didnt receive shop order yet SSCC s are empty.

And lets perform the Receive

Inventory part in stock record shows generated SSCC

Customer that i am working with curious about this option and why wadaco is not generating a sscc. Better report this as a support ticket?

Thanks,

Chamath