Skip to main content

Can WaDaCo limit the warehouse task displayed to only show warehouse tasks assigned to the worker/user?

Currently the system shows all the available tasks as below.

Yes that’s the idea, but it requires that you have enter worker id first (like the data item for Worker ID), if you don’t to that you will see everything.

Hi Dario,

Thanks for your feedback. Will test with configuring to add the worker id first.

I have a similar question, although, I’m using IFS Cloud (23R2)

Scenario:

Warehouse Tasks are created in status ‘Released’ and a Warehouse Worker may have the ability to select from 10-15 different Warehouse Tasks that they can perform.

However, a supervisor has determined to assign one of those tasks to a specific worker.  Ideally, they want the warehouse worker to work on this assigned task first.

Is this possible?

In my testing, the LOV shows all applicable Warehouse Tasks, whether they were assigned to me or if I am simply eligible to ‘pick up’ the Warehouse Task.  

Hi @astfarazt 

There is a flag that can be enabled in the configuration SORT_ON_OPERATIONAL_PRIORITY, if that is enabled the sorting for the TASK_ID lov will be this:

ORDER BY DECODE(assigned_priority, NULL, priority, assigned_priority), worker_id, worker_group, (requested_date_finished - (planned_time_needed/1440) * number_of_lines)

I guess one problem is that the worker_id is not visible in the LOV as extra information, but I guess it could always be added as customization.

From 23R2 we added the so called configurable LOV for TASK_ID so you could choose yourself what extra information you want to see from a specific number of choices, but unfortunately it looks like we didn’t add worker_id as a possible information, but I would guess it could easily be added since it exist in the same view that we use here.

Thank you for the additional information, @Dario Zani.  Perhaps, I can use the ‘Auto Pick’ LOV option as a way to manage this without customization.  

We have not done too many customizations with WaDaCo because it seems like IFS is actively developing here (i.e. adding new features during each major release).  

Do you envision any significant changes in the roadmap to WaDaCo or is it “pretty safe” to add customizations?

Thank you for the additional information, @Dario Zani.  Perhaps, I can use the ‘Auto Pick’ LOV option as a way to manage this without customization.  

We have not done too many customizations with WaDaCo because it seems like IFS is actively developing here (i.e. adding new features during each major release).  

Do you envision any significant changes in the roadmap to WaDaCo or is it “pretty safe” to add customizations?

If you are already on 23R2 then it would be safe to add worker_id as a new configurable lov description item if that is what we are talking about here. The only other changes we will do for task_id in the future is to add support for shipment order pick list in warehouse tasks so that would affect some internal ways to fetch data for these configurable lov description items for task id.

If auto-pick will give you the wanted order of the tasks then I don’t think you need to worry much about it.