Solved

How do you mass export user personal profile

• 17 August 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Can you export/import all active users personal profile in mass? I know you can individually but we have 180+ users. Is there a better way in APPS10?

Thank you,

icon

Best answer by william.klotz 19 August 2021, 01:33

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

What are you hoping to achieve when you re-import them? Is this for backup and restoration purposes?

The headers are stored in FNDRR_CLIENT_PROFILE_TAB, where personal profiles have an OWNER and the base profiles don’t. The values are stored in FNDRR_CLIENT_PROFILE_VALUE_TAB.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Our users are testing Apps10 getting ready for an upgrade from Apps9 and they are making changes to their profiles and we don’t want them to make all their changes again after the upgrade.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

If you’re confident your deployment is repeatable, you can export those tables from your nonproduction Apps 10 environment and reimport those two tables to restore the profiles after going live (as well as FNDRR_USER_CLIENT_PROFILE_TAB if you’re changing user base profile assignments).

That will get you into trouble if you deploy too many or too few custom fields, too many or too few IFS deliveries, if the users log in with a different language that has a different NLS_SORT setting, if you create new profiles in the meantime (or new users), or if users expect new changes made in 9 after today to carry forward to 10. Otherwise, it’s a pretty quick and stable way to go.

We used this strategy for Quick Reports when we upgraded from 8 to 9. We took the whole QUICK_REPORT_TAB table out of the nonproduction environment and dropped that right into the new production system. After applying the deliveries but before dropping in this new version, though, I took a backup. After restoring the new table, I did an INSERT from the backup to the new table to pick up any reports that might have gotten created shortly before we went live. (It’s better to have a broken report that wasn’t uplifted than to have no report at all.)

A similar strategy might work for restoring missing profile entries. If you’re using IEE, some things like saved searches just might still work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @arebbeadle ,

When we upgraded from IFS Application 8 to IFS Application 10 we exported all our base profiles and user profiles from the IFS Application 10 Test environment after we locked everyone out of IFS Application 8 and IFS Application 10 environment during the upgrade.  

We just highlighted all the base profiles then RMB and choose export profiles then we pointed it to our file server to store the exported profiles.   We did the same process with the personal profiles but stored those in a different directory.  When we were done with the upgrade we imported the base profiles first then imported the personal profiles.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Thank you,

I just typed in the navigator field (explore profiles) and found ‘Personal Profiles’.

Badge +3

Hi 

I have a question about importing the “base profile” from Apps 9 to Apps 10.

After importing into Apps 10 the users do not see the custom fields created in Apps 9. 

Ouahiba 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

All of our custom fields carried over on the APPS10 upgrade.