Question

Instant invoice - document footer

• 16 October 2019
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

IFS9, in the process of upgrading to IFS10. 

We have used Report Designer to adjust the layout of instant invoices sent to our customers. 

The document footer for the instant invoice has been defined in the window Document Footer and connected to the report INSTANT_INVOICE_REP, which works just fine. 

Now, we need to have different invoice footers for different customers (sent from the same company). 

We have defined additional fields and additional Footers in the window Document Footer, which meet our requirements. However, we can’t find a way of selecting a different footer when creating the instant invoice.

We have tried the following:

• In Document Footer, connect the report id INSTANT_INVOICE_REP to two different footers (two lines in the tab Connect Report). Not permitted. 
  • In Customer Invoice Types, define a new invoice type INSTINV_2 that the user can select upon creating a new invoice.
    • Connect the new invoice type to Report Footing with the new footer id - not working. This field is not connected to the document footings it seems.
    • Connect the new invoice type to a new layout id INSTANT_INVOICE_REP2 and connect the new layout id to the correct document footer. Error message upon printing the invoice: PR 47495 ORA-20111: ReportDefinition.NOTEXIST2: The Report Definition object does not exist.
      • Can I continue this way by defining the report definition somewhere in the application, as a copy of the standard INSTANT_INVOICE_REP?

Please advise how to select the correct invoice footer for instant invoices!

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi Fiamsko,

We’ve had a similar issue in the past, instead of sticking with report designer we instead transferred a lot of the reports within report definitions in to Crystal Reports instead.

This then allowed us to include either sub reports to handle this or what we’ve done is include formulas to handle the different companies. 

We have around 25 companies on once instance of IFS therefore, our T&C’s which are located in the footer are different depending on the company. 

Personally, I don’t like updating the IFS Reports and if we have issues with the inbuilt IFS reports. I instead rebuild them in crystal reports using the same Ifs VIEW (INSTANT_INVOICE_REP etc.)

Regards,

R

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

Crystal report is great for this. If you need any help then please contact me. 

Regards,

Gary

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Marie,

How about defining the footer text as a custom field in Customer (LU: CustomerInfo) and add that custom field to the Instant Invoice header (LU: InstantInvoice)?

Then you should be able to customize  add report layout and add custom fields in the footer.

Cheers and nice to see you in the forum! :sunglasses:

Damith

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks for the ideas. I understand there is no way to use the standard setup then?

// Marie

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Have you looked at Report Rules?  I haven’t needed different footers, but I do use report rules to change the report layout we use based on information on the transaction.  I know it can be used to change graphic files based on conditional criteria.  There could be something there that would help.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

According to my knowledge this can be achieved using report rules can be used. In the condition field you can use the condition to filter the customers and based on that you can use different layouts with different footers.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks for the hint, we will try out the report rules.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

This might help a bit with the report rules on how to set it up.

Works like a charm at some of my customers, also for sending payment advices automatically subtracting the Email address from the XML.