Question

Is there a way to display the environment on the IFS Cloud screen?

• 16 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

In IFS Cloud, users cannot tell if they are logged in the PROD or UAT environment on the IFS screen. They have to look at the URL to know what environment they are operating on. Is there a way to display the environment on the IFS screen, e.g. to the left of the bell icon and user name on the upper right corner of the screen? We want that information noticeably seen by the users. This way, they can see it all the time where ever they go inside the system. Please advise. Thanks.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Yes, we had the same question and needed to figure this out.

Custom Graphics

I asked our Graphic Designer to create graphics to include at the top of screens that indicate which environment is in use. I will attach these. You can access the setup from under your user profile and be selecting the Appearance Designer menu.

Exclusion Tables

It’s important to note that you will need to exclude a few tables from the refresh in order to avoid overwriting these when you refresh an environment. These are: fnd_branding_tab, fnd_branding_property_tab,  fnd_branding_resource_tab, and fnd_branding_token_tab.

Launch Page Icons

We also created color-coordinated Icons for a launch page the link to each environment. I will attach these as well. I would think that they would be useful to anyone configuring IFS non-prod environments.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

This is great, Chris. Thanks for the information. I will work with our developers and get back to you if we get stuck.

Badge +1

We use the Appearance Configuration to give each environment a distinctly colored ribbon on top.

There you can use the available properties to change the app bar background color and it is even possible to change the app bar logo and the welcome logo there.

This is just standard IFS, no development needed.

Just make sure you do this for both the Light and the Dark Theme.