Question

Is there a way to add custom attributes to a Crystal report? (IFS Cloud)

• 15 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

The technical documentation on how to add custom attributes to the Report Designer.
However, we could not find a way to add it to a Crystal report.

If anyone knows anything about this, we would like to know.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @NecMayuIk 

We’ve attempted to do this previously but were told conflicting things. One IFS partner said this could be done if you change some of the deployment code via developer studio and pushed changes into our build place that would expand the visibility of IFSPRINT’s access so if you joined multiple views together into one operational report, this could get run.

We were also told that this does not work and is something that can only be done via report designer, but since both statements are conflicting, I cannot say for certain if it is possible, only that some think it is and others do not.

Thanks,
Bryan

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Mayumi,

I would always recommend the “old” ETL way.
Export data to a MS SQL DB (a DWH), build a star-schema and - if you want - an Analysis Services (OLAP) Cube.
From this cube you can easily use every common front end tool.
Crystal, Excel pivot, PowerBI, you name it.
The big advantage:
Because with the DWH and the cube you have a “single point of truth” and not one e.g. order entry from 09:00 and one from 11:30.
One of my customers in CH told me: “The moment we startet to use the cube, we ended the long discussions, which report to use!”

If you need more information about this “way”, just tell me.

All the best

Michael