Question

IFS Cloud - Managed service .(SaaS)- scope of System change

• 11 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi all,

I’m new to IFS cloud and want an understanding on , exactly what type of system configuration we can perform  on IFS Cloud - Managed service (SaaS) instance?

I believe in IFS Cloud - Managed service .(SaaS) as an ADMIN user we do have the provision to configure UI , Write Business rule , configure Integration setup etc  but we cannot do any customization there. Though the entire application would be managed by IFS. Our access would be only limited to USE Place. 

Where as in IFS Cloud Remote hosting instance we will get access to IFS build place and we would be having the provision to customize the code on custom layer (IFS Developer interface) those would be released by IFS on time.

please confirm if my understanding is correct?

Additionally , in IFS Cloud - Managed service .(SaaS) -  if we need to do some screen customization (specifically to IFS mobile) , how do we do deploy those changes , as IFS Cloud - Managed service .(SaaS) completely managed by IFS.

Please advise

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi, 

Whether or not you do a remote deployment or use managed cloud you will have both a build place and a use place. In your build place you will have a base repository and a customer solution repository. It is in the customer solution repository you (can) do configurations (extend on the inside) which can not be achieved from within the application. These types of configurations should be carefully considered though and only developed as a last resort as they will have to be uplifted at each new release. 

Here you can read more about the IFS Lifecycle Experience Guide to better understand the platform and strategy behind it: Lifecycle Experience Guide - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud