Solved

Existing Account slider on Lead Screen

• 25 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I’m sorry - but can someone explain something to me in the CRM module? I am in the construction business, and when we use the term “Lead” it generally refers to a potential project.  I understand that Lead in CRM terminology is a Company (or person) and a Business Opportunity is the potential project.  What I don’t understand is that if a Lead is a (potential) customer - how can you have a lead that is an existing account? That seems like you are saying I am entering a potential new customer that is also an existing customer.  I feel that I am misunderstanding some sort of key concept.  Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Alexander Heinze 25 April 2024, 18:31

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

A lead is often considered a potential sales opportunity. Best example is a "lead form" filled out at a trade fair. The lead is then handed from Marketing (Marketing-qualified lead) to Sales (Sales-qualified lead), which can then be converted to an opportunity.

And if for example you try to sell a completely new product line to an existing customer, then the lead would indeed be associated to an existing customer. If it's a brand-new one, the lead could trigger the creation of a new prospect/customer and an opportunity. 

Badge +1

Makes perfect sense Alexander - Thank you!