Skip to main content

Hi,

I have a doubt, can we keep Resource_Seq and Resource id same while creating a resource in ifs cloud. I can’t see any way to edit resource sequence but I want the resource to have the same resource sequence as its resource id.

Thanks, 

Mani

I assume that ResourceSeq is generated when you save the record, but at that time you already provided the ID. Now a BPA or custom logic could probably take the ResourceSeq and immediately update the ID, but I’m not sure if that’s a good idea. Why do you want to keep them the same? The ID is shown in various places, would you not prefer to see something like a User ID instead of a sequence number?

Hi, actually we are adding attributes to the resources and those attributes are further being fetched in an SQL report. I want the resource_Seq to work as the foreign key for the resource attribute table which will link to the jt_task from where I get the resource_id and this is the reason why I want my resource_id to be same as resource_seq which can act as the link between resource_attribute, company_emp and jt_task_transaction_util table

I’m with Alexander here. You want the Resource ID to be something meaningful, not just a sequence number. In fact, for persons the Resource ID will be = Person ID.

Just add another join on either view Resource_Base or Resource_Pub to your query. It has both Resource_Seq and Resource_Id, and you can join on Company_Emp by Person_Id. (Strictly speaking, you should also join Jt_Task.Site with Site.Contract and Site.Company = Company_Emp.Company, but that depends on if you have a multi-company scenario.)