Question

Work Order (WO) Number does not link from Purchase Requisition (PR)Lines

• 23 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

We are doing some testing in IFS and noticed that when PR is created from WO demand through MRP run.  The PR line does not show the WO reference number under Order Ref Column, which it will if it is not run by MRP.   

Purchase Requisition Lines Screen
  1. Any good explanation on why it is doing that?
  2. Is this a limitation of IFS?  or possible to change by coding/programming?
  3. Also the INT (Internal Destination) code from the WO is missing on the PR Line column, it is just blank. We need the INT information, as this will help our warehouse people know who to deliver it within our internal (multiple) site.

I noticed that through PR line, when I right click and go to Inventory Availability Planning, I can see the specified line that says the demand is from Material Req or from a WO with qty and WO reference number under Order Ref Column.  Is there any way someone has done it to set all those relevant info from WO to appear/populate on PR line? Are we missing anything that would cause this?

Appreciate all your advice or suggestions that could help us better understand :)

Cheers,

Sam

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@yaos0213 I assume in your case you are using a material order connected to a work order. And the material line Supply Code is set to Invent Order. That is why Order Ref 1 is not updated in the PR, MRP created.

If you have created a Requisition Line from the Work Order (found in the Requisitions tab within the Work Order), the created Purchase Requisition would have been updated with the WO number under Order Ref 1. This is not anyway planned by MRP but the WO.

This is interesting and waiting for others ideas too.

Badge +1

Hi Buddhika,

Thanks for the reply!

Yes your understanding is right, what you have said is what we have been observing now.  As we need to use the Material Tab for our inventory items, yet after the MRP run, the link for PR and the WO go missing if viewing through PR lines. 

Only when we use the Requisition Tab, we can see the link of PR and WO on the PR line.  However, our goal is to have PR to be produced by MRP not through the WO route-PR creation.

Unless there were some known solutions or alternatives to show the visibility of the WO in PR line under the ORDER REF Column after MRP run, this will help us a lot to run MRP for inventory items under Material Tab.