Question

Users and Permissions

• 2 February 2024
  • 8 replies

Badge +5

I created a new user using the copy method.
Current User (Copied) = UR-TAB4
New User =UR-TAB5
Since I used the copy method, I think all the features and permissions of the UR-TAB4 user have been transferred to the new user (UR-TAB5).

However, I cannot access the data that I can access with the UR-TAB4 user, with the UR-TAB5 user. What exactly is this situation about?

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@sahango IMO this is not a permission related issue. This is related to basic data and I assume you didnt set that up. If so;

To use Shop Floor Workbench, the user should be connected to it. You need to create an employee for this user and connect the employee as a Shop Floor Employee (use Shop Floor Employees).

I hope that would solve the issue.

Badge +5

Thanx for answer. Obviously, I'm a little new to IFS. Could you share a picture of the interface where I can do this set up?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@sahango That is not an issue, please refer to the following. Try comparing with the data for the copied user’s employee. Hope this works !

Badge +5

@sahango That is not an issue, please refer to the following. Try comparing with the data for the copied user’s employee. Hope this works !

We are using IFSAPP8 and there is no menu named Shop Floor Employees.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@sahango I assume Current Team Employee can be used. Can you please check that?

Badge +5

@sahango I assume Current Team Employee can be used. Can you please check that?

I checked it but the table is empty.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@sahango Sorry about it, trial and error in APP8 :)

Can you please check if the employee is added to a Manufacturing Labor Class. Sorry I dont have access to APP8 environment right now to provide a screen capture. But you can find the window in the navigator and then add the employee, I assume. 

Badge +5

@sahango Sorry about it, trial and error in APP8 :)

Can you please check if the employee is added to a Manufacturing Labor Class. Sorry I dont have access to APP8 environment right now to provide a screen capture. But you can find the window in the navigator and then add the employee, I assume. 

Actually, I'm sorry for wasting your time :-) .I checked. There are no users added to that list. I guess it's not about that either.