Docs or Tutorials Related to IFS System Engineer

• 24 April 2024
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

Hi, I’m new to IFS and I’m recently working as a system Engineer. IF you have any Tutorial or Slides regarding this could you please share. I really appreciate it.

Thank You 

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

which function do you focus on?

Badge +2

which function do you focus on?

Function? what do you mean. Please Guide me

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

depends on your role, maybe you work on the system background and technical issue, or the certain function, such as quality, manufacture or service, their process are quite different.

Badge +2

depends on your role, maybe you work on the system background and technical issue, or the certain function, such as quality, manufacture or service, their process are quite different.

Yeah I work on the system background and technical issues. Can you provide me some docs related to it. I really appreciate it .

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

sorry, this is out of my knowledge, maybe someone else can help you, i work on the application view.

Badge +2

sorry, this is out of my knowledge, maybe someone else can help you, i work on the application view.

Anyway thanks for the replies :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Sayuru,

FYI - I was trained as a Systems Engineer as part of the Consulting Services group some years ago.  I’ve since moved over to IFS Unified Support and work in their ITAR vertical, specializing in Technical related issues.

It would be helpful to know if you are an IFS employee, with a partner or work for an IFS customer.  If you’re with IFS it would be good to know if you’re assigned to Unified Support, Success, R&D or other section of IFS.

As far as general training, you can’t go wrong if you were to take the Middleware Administration courses both for the legacy IFS, Apps 10 as well as for IFS Cloud.  Be sure to take all the Kubernetes / Docker training you can find for the Cloud infrastructure as well.  There are other administrator / technical courses available in the IFS Academy application which you can find by searching there.

There are multiple “add-on” features used with IFS such as Demand Planner, Constraint Based Scheduling, Print Agent, Business Reporter, Analysis Models, Crystal Web Service, Touch Apps Server and more.  There are customizations to the product as well such as language translations, Quick Reports, customization of Operational Reports (i.e. of core product reports), custom objects, IALs and much, much more. 

Many of these add-ons and customizations don’t have training classes specifically for them.  Some of these features are covered in the Administration courses.  But learn how to find, search and use the Documentation Libraries included with Apps 10 and the Cloud version.  There is also the IFS Community, our user collaboration site.  IFS also has an internal Knowledge Base within the Service Now application - and a corresponding legacy knowledge base in the LCS application.  Both of these knowledge bases are for internal use.  Note that LCS has been deprecated.  But it still contains a wealth of knowledge in regards to the older versions of IFS which are still very much in use by thousands of our customers.

Hopefully this information will help get you started.  You’ll be able to get better information once you can plan your training with more precision, i.e. after consulting with your own manager.

Eugene Wager - systems engineer, IFS Unified Support

Badge +2

Sayuru,

FYI - I was trained as a Systems Engineer as part of the Consulting Services group some years ago.  I’ve since moved over to IFS Unified Support and work in their ITAR vertical, specializing in Technical related issues.

It would be helpful to know if you are an IFS employee, with a partner or work for an IFS customer.  If you’re with IFS it would be good to know if you’re assigned to Unified Support, Success, R&D or other section of IFS.

As far as general training, you can’t go wrong if you were to take the Middleware Administration courses both for the legacy IFS, Apps 10 as well as for IFS Cloud.  Be sure to take all the Kubernetes / Docker training you can find for the Cloud infrastructure as well.  There are other administrator / technical courses available in the IFS Academy application which you can find by searching there.

There are multiple “add-on” features used with IFS such as Demand Planner, Constraint Based Scheduling, Print Agent, Business Reporter, Analysis Models, Crystal Web Service, Touch Apps Server and more.  There are customizations to the product as well such as language translations, Quick Reports, customization of Operational Reports (i.e. of core product reports), custom objects, IALs and much, much more. 

Many of these add-ons and customizations don’t have training classes specifically for them.  Some of these features are covered in the Administration courses.  But learn how to find, search and use the Documentation Libraries included with Apps 10 and the Cloud version.  There is also the IFS Community, our user collaboration site.  IFS also has an internal Knowledge Base within the Service Now application - and a corresponding legacy knowledge base in the LCS application.  Both of these knowledge bases are for internal use.  Note that LCS has been deprecated.  But it still contains a wealth of knowledge in regards to the older versions of IFS which are still very much in use by thousands of our customers.

Hopefully this information will help get you started.  You’ll be able to get better information once you can plan your training with more precision, i.e. after consulting with your own manager.

Eugene Wager - systems engineer, IFS Unified Support

Thank you for the reply